My iPad is downloading all 1089 songs!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by StreetUK, Mar 16, 2012.

1. StreetUK macrumors newbie

Just got my new ipad today and I went onto the iTunes app and for some bizarre reason it's downloading ALL the songs I own onto it. Does anyone have any idea why it would do that? I didn't set it to and it's something I don't want it to because it's a waste of bandwidth if I just select the songs I want to play individually on iTunes Match.

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Looks like you'll be buying more data in about and hour. Must be iTunes match?

3. SuperRob macrumors regular

The iTunes App wouldn't be downloading iTunes Match music. The Music app would, and it doesn't download your songs by default. Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit the "Download All" iCloud button?

4. StreetUK thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I didn't even know there was a download all button and I'm pretty sure even if I did press that it just shows the downloading in the Music App? not the itunes app downloads tab.

BTW, I'm talking about home internet bandwidth. Where I'm staying there's a download limit of 50GB per month so that's all I'm worried about using up.

----------

One thing I can't do is go to the app store or itunes store now and I can't load up the music app. It just freezes and then closes. If i go to icloud it says its restoring but it's been doing that for the last three hours (how long I've had it) #notimpressedsofar

5. SuperRob macrumors regular

Wait, are you at home? Did you turn on Wireless Syncing? Your Music library may be syncing wirelessly to your home computer.

6. StreetUK thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, I disabled that because I was having issues with it crashing iTunes all the time.

7. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

Maybe you hit the "Purchase All" button and are now downloading the full iTunes collection........best sell ya house, gunna be expensive bill ;o)