iPad My iPad just died // Fixed!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPhisch, May 5, 2013.

1. iPhisch, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013

iPhisch macrumors 6502

Not really sure what's going on, but my iPad (3rd gen) just stopped working. I watched the Indians game on the MLB App with the cable plugged in, and was at 77% battery when the game ended. I unplugged it and let it sit on the coffee table with teh cover closed. I heard it ping from a Twitter notification and opened the cover about 5 minutes later, and the screen didn't respond. Home button, power button, nothing. It's been plugged in for 20 minutes now, and I'm still getting nothing. Didn't get applecare on this one. Guess I'll make an appointment at the Apple store in Indy (hour away) and see what's up. Sucks.

2. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

Hold the power button and home button at the same time until it reboots?

3. iPhisch thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that twice, it didn't work. Tried it a third time and it's back! Took like 25 seconds of button holding. Weird, I've had an iPad since gen2 came out, and I've never seen this happen. Thanks!

thread/

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

it happened to my iPhone 4S too…I hope it is not dying because I will not upgrade until after June 5th this year. :apple:

5. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Every time I see this thread title, my mind reads "My Dad just died". :confused:

...which makes the "// Fixed!" part seem especially jarring. :eek:

Glad your iPad is OK...maybe give your Dad a call....

Regards,
    Tom