My iPad Mini 4 is downloading something?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SamTheMan65, Sep 18, 2015.

1. SamTheMan65 macrumors newbie

Just bought my first iPad and so far I like it, except… My WiFi internet connection wasn't working well so I looked over at the modem and it's lighting up like crazy. I'm not doing anything online. The only thing I can think of is it's downloading something. I tried looking around in settings and tried turning off everything that seems to be the possible culprit. No good. I turned off the WiFi connection and of course that worked. I have an iMac but I'm a newbie to iPads so maybe I'm missing something simple. Ideas?

2. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

was it downloading ios9?
    making a backup to icloud?

3. SamTheMan65 thread starter macrumors newbie

It came loaded with ios9. How can you tell if it's making a backup to iCloud? In Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive is turned off.

4. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

If you just set up you iPad, it's possible it's downloading. Let it sit for a night and see how it goes tomorrow morning.

You are on home internet right? Then why are you worried about it downloading?

5. SamTheMan65 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not necessarily worried about it downloading. I don't have a great Internet connection so whatever it's downloading is not allowing me to get online. I guess I'll turn the WiFi back on and see what it does.

6. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Leave it there with wifi connected overnight and see how it goes

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Try looking in Settings at Battery and wait a second for the Battery Usage to load to see what's been most active.

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Not the same as backups. There's a section for backups in the settings