Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koesherbacon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
Hi everyone. This is going to be an extra stupid question, but since I just switched from OS X to a Windows 8 computer I need some assistance. I don't want to get into switching here, so please leave those opinions at the door.

I just installed iTunes and synced my iPad Mini with the Windows 8 computer using the USB cord. When I disconnected the cord my iPad no longer shows up in iTunes. I know there must be a way to sync it with iTunes while connected to the same WIFI network, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I don't see the iPad in my Windows Explorer either anymore.

Am I missing something here?

Please help me figure this out. Thanks a lot!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
While you had your iPad connected with the USB cable, did you check "sync with this device over wifi" in iTunes?

Also, in my experience, wifi sync works very spottily. Sometimes iTunes's won't find the iPad, sometimes it will find it and start to sync, but cut out midway. And transferring things over wifi takes forever, especially when I want to sync movies. I've given up and gone back to using the USB cable.

koesherbacon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
I'm sorry I didn't see that someone had responded to me until now. Well, I connected it via USB and ticked that box, but it still is not showing up in iTunes.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Thanks a lot!

----------

Wait never mind. It now seems to be working just fine. I guess it just took a little bit for the two to start communicating with each other.

Thanks so much for your help, Night Spring! Apparently, that was all I needed to do!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.