My iPad needs glasses!! Please try this

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tonyoevans, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tonyoevans macrumors newbie

OK got my iPad2 and disappointed with the front facing camera. Yes I know the specs clearly state it was going to be low res but I still think it is blurry.

So I was sitting down thinking about it when I thought what would it be like if I stuck my glasses infront of the camera. I need other people to try this, but I think I see an improvement.

Sitting about 20 inches from the iPad the image seems crisper with the glasses in front of it. Have held up barcodes at this distance and although not perfect you can see separations in the thin lines where without the glasses you cannot.

Can someone else give this a go, my glasses are -1.5 so be interested to see if anyone else see's the same. Hopefully I am not going mad!!!

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Well, the front camera is fixed focus as far as I know, so there's some optimal distance beyond which you need to be to have a clear picture.

3. tonyoevans thread starter macrumors newbie

Agreed and you can see this as you move your finger away from the lens. As I read my initial post it sounds crazy but think there is a slight improvement.

Anyone else tried?