iPad Pro My iPad Pro 9.7 is reloading most of the time (annoying)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Roberto123456, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Roberto123456 macrumors newbie

Roberto123456

Hi,

if I use Safari and I scroll down, most of the time the website isn´t completed loaded, it´s always reloading and you can only see a black screen. If I go back to the homepage by using the back button or swiping left, it takes a short time before the site is reloaded.

Is this normal?
    What is the reason?
    It doesn`t happend all the time but very often.

2. Razor Time, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016

Razor Time macrumors member

Razor Time

I have noticed this from time to time on my 12.9" pro. I've checked my ram usage and that's not the issue as its no where near full. I have only seen this happen very occasionally and I can't remember if a hard reset cleared the issue or not.

3. tarsins macrumors 6502

tarsins

I used to see this a lot on my 12.9 a few iOS releases ago but I rarely see it on 9.3.4. I find that force-closing Safari fixes it.

4. Roberto123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

Roberto123456

What do you mean with "force-closing Safari"? Sorry, I am not a native speaker. Maybe you can explain the way to do it.

5. tarsins macrumors 6502

tarsins

Double-click the home button so the App switcher comes up then swipe left or right to find Safari (if it's not the one already selected) then swipe it up.

6. Danilo - Italy macrumors regular

I saw this problem in my iPad 2 Air. I think is related to RAM. If you clean the RAM it is ok for some minutes.

7. rkuo macrumors 6502a

This is a sloppy bug they left in iOS 9 for god knows what reason. You'll be happy to know it is fixed in iOS 10.

8. Roger Rick macrumors newbie

I had the same problem on an iPad 1. The latest IOS version of this model is 8.1.3. I tried all the usual remedies, but none worked. I finally tried something else: I killed all Notifications in Settings (which is quite a chore as you cannot do it for all of them with a master on/off switch). After that, no more reloading in Safari. I have then added notification for a select group of apps (New York Times, for example) and, so far, I have not seen the error come back. Maybe, this will help!