iPad Pro My iPad Pro never gets hot, very little speaker vibration

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rogifan, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Not when I'm using it, nor when I'm charging it. Cool to the touch everywhere. My Air 2 gets noticeably warm when using for extended periods of time or when charging it. I've also noticed speaker vibration is almost non-existent. Sound isn't as nice as a good BT speaker but better than the Air 2 for sure.

I have to say I think the iPad pro is the best iPad Apple ever designed. I thought for sure the weight was going to bother me but I'm using this iPad exactly the same way I used my Air with no issues, no arm fatigue. This design can't come to the Air line soon enough.

2. goomba478 macrumors regular

I couldn't agree more. Apple NAILED IT with the iPad Pro. If the iPad Air 3 works with Apple Pencil it will sell even better.

3. cy88 macrumors member

cy88

What design? The same design for the last 5 years?

4. the future macrumors 65816

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

I'm not talking about aesthetic design. I'm talking about whatever they did internally to mute the speaker vibration and keep the device from getting hot.

Yep. And I don't get the complaints about weight. John Gruber says it's an iPad that needs to be used on a desk. Sorry John don't agree. I've been using mine on my couch all the time. I'm using it exactly like I did with my Air 2. No I don't use one handed but I never really used my Air 2 one handed either.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Due to the iPad pro size I guess they were able to do more with the speakers to improve sound quality and dissipate any heat. No even warm here but I am using the Apple silicone cover on the back.

I think Apple did a great job on the pro and I have not picked up my Air 2 since.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You mean you got an iPad Pro with no defects? That's so weird...

8. aevan macrumors 68020

aevan

That has been my experience (Cellular model). Even gaming makes it only lukewarm. Working in apps like Procreate and Sketchbook keeps it cool. This is more important than you think - if you rest your palm on the tablet while drawing, a warm tablet can make you uncomfortable more than a warm phone or laptop.

Well done Apple!

9. bcaslis macrumors 68020

My iPad Pro SG LTE has been truly impressive. The display, speakers, battery life, and performance have been truly impressive. I think a lot of the reviews trying to directly compare to a laptop using the hardware keyboard are off the mark. It's a more capable iPad and should be evaluated as such.

My only hesitation is that it does still seem too big to me. If the screen was 1" smaller I would probably not hesitate. As it is, I'm still on the fence. Of course is I could actually get a fracking Apple Pencil maybe that would push me over the edge to commit.

10. WilliamG macrumors G3

It will. :)

11. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

I wasn't sure I was going to keep mine either but the performance, lack of speaker vibration and heat made me decide to keep it. I still have my Air 2 for when I want to travel with something smaller.

12. JPizzzle macrumors 6502

no issues with heat here, but I can definetly feel the speakers if I have volume on max. You guys really don't feel any vibration from the speakers on the pro?

13. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I've never used the speakers at maximum, they are already too loud for me at much lower volumes. But at the same volumes as my iPad Air 2, the Air is vibrating but the Pro is not.

14. JPizzzle macrumors 6502

My pro isn't vibrating on it's own in a stand or anything, but I can definetly feel the speakers on moderate to high levels when holding it. Almost like a subwoofer feeling. Assumed this was normal, but now not sure.

I feel it on my 6plus as well where the speakers are.