Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
I rebooted my iPad, and when I tried to open Cydia, my screen shrunk to like 20% of it's normal screen size! What the heck??

It only happens with Cydia, and no other apps!!

photo-1_zps2216b651.png

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Hmm, interesting.

I managed to turn it on while holding the volume up button til the lockscreen appeared, but it doesn't say safe mode on the top, and my status bar is back (it was previously hidden with "No Status" tweak).

Now I can open up Cydia. The last tweak I was trying to download was "Glasklart HD" theme, but it came up with a hash sum mismatch error. So I rebooted and got the problem.

I checked in Cydia to see if it had downloaded, but it's not in my installed list. It was in the middle of downloading when I got that hash sum error, but doesn't appear to have made it through.

Weird.

EDIT:

Still have the same problem upon rebooting without holding the up volume. How do I delete the app that's causing the problem if it never even downloaded into my installed list??

:confused::confused::confused:

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Hmm, interesting.

I managed to turn it on while holding the volume up button til the lockscreen appeared, but it doesn't say safe mode on the top, and my status bar is back (it was previously hidden with "No Status" tweak).

Now I can open up Cydia. The last tweak I was trying to download was "Glasklart HD" theme, but it came up with a hash sum mismatch error. So I rebooted and got the problem.

I checked in Cydia to see if it had downloaded, but it's not in my installed list. It was in the middle of downloading when I got that hash sum error, but doesn't appear to have made it through.

Weird.

EDIT:

Still have the same problem upon rebooting without holding the up volume. How do I delete the app that's causing the problem if it never even downloaded into my installed list??

:confused::confused::confused:
Yup in safe mode, all tweaks are disabled (such as the status in your case). So go into cydia while in safe mode and delete the app causing issues

Are you sure its Glasklart?

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Yup in safe mode, all tweaks are disabled (such as the status in your case). So go into cydia while in safe mode and delete the app causing issues

Are you sure its Glasklart?

No. The problem is that I've downloaded so many tweaks without rebooting (only respringing), that I have no idea which one it could be. I guess I'll have to delete the ones that seem most likely (not springtomize, iconoclasm, etc.), and keep rebooting til I get it right.

Thanks for the help, guys.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
No. The problem is that I've downloaded so many tweaks without rebooting (only respringing), that I have no idea which one it could be. I guess I'll have to delete the ones that seem most likely (not springtomize, iconoclasm, etc.), and keep rebooting til I get it right.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Try deleting the last thing you installed successfully

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Try deleting the last thing you installed successfully

I got it back to normal. I got impatient and deleted 4 tweaks, all having to do with "invisible" folders or invisible icon themes.

No great loss.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.