My iPad story

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dischNoutTAspd, Dec 31, 2011.

1. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

Got a iPad 2 16gb white 3G for Christmas . That night I noticed a white spot on the screen so I scheduled a appointment with genius bar the next day. Brought it in told them what was wrong , he looked at it and said "ok let's replace it" .. He went and grabbed me a brand new one still shrink wrapped in box, opened it I confirmed with him it was Verizon 3G And went on my way . I got home , and noticed be had replaced it with a 32GB instead of my original 16GB . I was shocked and upon thought , decided the right thing to do is bring it back and tell them i paid for a 16GB . Brought it back and they were surprised I brought it back and said it was not my fault I was given a 32Gb and to keep it. now I just feel Lucky for once

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Sweet !!! And good for you for doing the right thing karma is a mofo.;)

3. bp1000 macrumors 65816

This happens quite a lot with apple returns

Seen it mentioned a few times. Apple really do look after there customers. For that reason I will buy apple products for as long as they stay useful and appealing.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

5. Senex macrumors member

Not only is it awesome that you demonstrated your honesty, but it's even better that you were rewarded for it. Glad to know there are still others out there like that! Sweet story!

I remember once eating at a restaurant and left my iPhone behind when I got up from the table. As I was getting into my car, a kid (no more than 10 years old) came running out of the restaurant with it and said, "Hey mister! You forgot your iPhone!" I thanked him repeatedly, knelt down, handed him $20 and told him that since he showed honesty, it should be rewarded. As he grows up I hope that sticks with him.

6. iCandii macrumors member

Aww what a nice outcome :) thanks for being honest! :)

7. dischNoutTAspd thread starter macrumors regular

Manager came and thanked me for being honest but she said she was quite surprised . Not looking for a pat on the back ... Just know apple customer service can sometimes be hit or miss and from my experience have been great

8. maliu macrumors 6502a

9. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

10. iTunes-Luv macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

Glad to hear that form both sides, your honesty and Apple great service. I always believe a great service bring back the customers, not the price ;)

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Kudos you and to Apple.

It definitely pays to be honest. :)

12. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Nice story :)

Too bad it wasn't a 64G you got though :) You'd be really estatic! :)

Enjoy the Christmas bonus!

13. rovitotv macrumors member

Very nice!!!! That extra 16 GB of flash will make a difference. You deserve extra kudos for being honest.

14. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

RHVC59

Good for you.
    Good for Apple
    May the rest of the year be as honest and happy, rewarding for us all.:D

15. [DL] macrumors 6502

[DL]

I love this thread. Your honesty got you rewarded pretty well!

16. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

There is an aesop's fable about woodcutters, a lake, and gold, silver, and normal axes similar to this.

17. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I had a similar experience but they told me I was being upgraded becasue they were out of what I originally got. Apple customer service is great and what makes it so special is they really maker no big deal about it and the front line workers are empowered to make the decision on the spot.

18. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

Thank you for taking the time to tell your story and doing the right thing. It's a very good example of doing the right thing pays off, you just feel better.

Thanks again,
    Joe