My iPad story

dischNoutTAspd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Got a iPad 2 16gb white 3G for Christmas . That night I noticed a white spot on the screen so I scheduled a appointment with genius bar the next day. Brought it in told them what was wrong , he looked at it and said "ok let's replace it" .. He went and grabbed me a brand new one still shrink wrapped in box, opened it I confirmed with him it was Verizon 3G And went on my way . I got home , and noticed be had replaced it with a 32GB instead of my original 16GB . I was shocked and upon thought , decided the right thing to do is bring it back and tell them i paid for a 16GB . Brought it back and they were surprised I brought it back and said it was not my fault I was given a 32Gb and to keep it. now I just feel Lucky for once

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Sweet !!! And good for you for doing the right thing karma is a mofo.;)

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
This happens quite a lot with apple returns

Seen it mentioned a few times. Apple really do look after there customers. For that reason I will buy apple products for as long as they stay useful and appealing.

Senex

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Northern Indiana, USA
Not only is it awesome that you demonstrated your honesty, but it's even better that you were rewarded for it. Glad to know there are still others out there like that! Sweet story!

I remember once eating at a restaurant and left my iPhone behind when I got up from the table. As I was getting into my car, a kid (no more than 10 years old) came running out of the restaurant with it and said, "Hey mister! You forgot your iPhone!" I thanked him repeatedly, knelt down, handed him $20 and told him that since he showed honesty, it should be rewarded. As he grows up I hope that sticks with him.

dischNoutTAspd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Manager came and thanked me for being honest but she said she was quite surprised . Not looking for a pat on the back ... Just know apple customer service can sometimes be hit or miss and from my experience have been great

iTunes-Luv

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
USA
Glad to hear that form both sides, your honesty and Apple great service. I always believe a great service bring back the customers, not the price ;)

rovitotv

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2009
Very nice!!!! That extra 16 GB of flash will make a difference. You deserve extra kudos for being honest.

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
I had a similar experience but they told me I was being upgraded becasue they were out of what I originally got. Apple customer service is great and what makes it so special is they really maker no big deal about it and the front line workers are empowered to make the decision on the spot.

MagnumJoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to tell your story and doing the right thing. It's a very good example of doing the right thing pays off, you just feel better.

Thanks again,
Joe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.