My iPad took a picture?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stewart715, Jul 22, 2010.

1. stewart715 macrumors 6502

Before you read this, know that I am a software developer for both Mac and Windows and am well capable of recognizing bugs.

My iPad didn't literally take a picture BUT I locked my iPad and it became unresponsive. Then it finally came on after a few seconds and the screen flashed white very quickly and made a camera shutter sound (just like any Mac does in photo booth). What the heck?!

Could this possibly be a trace of front facing camera featured in previous testing models of the iPad and i perhaps triggered some sort of short cut to take a photo?

2. CapedJackass macrumors newbie

When it froze, you probably hit the sleep and home buttons at different times, but since it was frozen it registered both at once, thus taking a screen shot.

3. Yoda3984 macrumors member

Yoda3984

I don't have an iPad, but if it's like the iPhone it will take a screenshot if the sleep button and home button are pressed at the same time.

4. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Sounds like it was just the unlock sound stuttering... or yeah, the screen shot :)

5. stewart715 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what i thought too, but i wasn't touching the lock button and there is no trace of a saved screenshot in my photos. But you are probably right th at it is related...

6. DifferentialApp macrumors regular

7. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

8. aohus macrumors 68000

9. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Haha awesome. I didn't know the iPad could do screenshots!

10. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Yeah, it's an awesome feature. As a developer you can use it to report bugs, or do "step by step" screen shots for issue reporting, walk throughs, documentation or what ever.

I use it as a super fast "clipping" feature. When I see an App I might want to research "click!", or a web page with something interesting "click!". Later on, I can sort through them in the "camera roll" on the iPad.

11. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

I use it for my WiFi ipad when taking a trip, plan the trip at home and take screen shots of the maps, then when you are on the road you can launch photos and scroll through as needed.

12. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Pretty cool you didn't know that being a developer, Sleep Button + Home Button makes a screenshot, check your photo albums

13. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

14. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

By your own description your a clever guy but you couldn't work this out?:rolleyes:

15. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

My 10 year old cousin figured this out...let's get off the high horse first mr "developer" :rolleyes:

16. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

My iPad has an 8 mp camera on it. Yours doesn't?

17. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

18. Zethca macrumors regular

I let out a sigh when I saw another thread about this but I had to click. Only when I read that the author was a software developer well capable of detecting bugs did I begin laughing hysterically.