My iPad went nuts; anyone know what might have caused this?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrochester, Sep 12, 2010.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

Whilst on holiday I was innocently browsing the net on my iPad when all of a sudden it went totally nuts, as if an invisible pair of fingers were moving all over the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7gYqS9JsH8

I left it for a while to see if the device would recover, but after a few minutes, I gave up and pressed the home button. I then couldn't get any response from the screen at all; I couldn't even turn off the device as there was no way to move the slide to turn off bar. In the end I had to reset the device using the power and home button trick.

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? I thought it were strangely interesting more than anything else!

Michael.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

It's probably a glitch. Take it to apple and show them the iPad.

3. smoothop macrumors newbie

Same thing happened with mine...it's something wrong with the screen, hardware, they gave me a replacement iPad..Take it back!

4. abta1 macrumors 6502

It does seem the screens sensor is playing up, like it's detecting contact when there isn't any.

5. smoothop macrumors newbie

The screen sensor evidently registers the taps and then does them all again by itself!:) Mine started copying text, opening and shutting the onscreen keyboard,jittering from homescreen to the other screens and even configuring a lock code by itself when I happened to leave it on in 'settings'! All this of course while the screen was completely unresponsive to touch. It just seemed to go crazy.

6. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori