My IPad2 die ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tenhead, Mar 12, 2011.

1. tenhead macrumors regular

Got the Ipad2 yesterday from Bestbuy for my mom. I was playing with it yesterday and everything works as it should. This morning I want to wake it up and nothing. I remember the battery was up to 90% before I went to bed. Now I can't even turn it on ! I plug it to my MBP and nothing !

I'll go to Bestbuy today once it open. Damn.

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Did you try a hard reset? Hold the power button and the main button on the screen at the same time for a few seconds till the iPad resets.

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Try plugging it into the wall. Sometimes it needs more power to respond if the battery is dead.

4. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, did the hard reset and it came back ! what happened? This is scary. Should I be concern? Should I return and get a new one? I don't want to have it pass the returning period and this happened again but next time it won't come back from the dead.

What would you guys do?
    Thank you for any respond.

5. Paul S macrumors regular

There is a year warranty, so don't worry. If you're really worried, get AppleCare.

6. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

No, it's fine, keep it.

This gives you a freak out and has many people. But if the magical white apple appears when you hold down both buttons for 20 seconds or so you're fine.

It happened to me twice with the iPad and I was like huh. Went online and found out it's a common and occurs once in a blue moon.

The joy of it coming back and being 100% okay is pretty nice too. :p

7. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Would I still take it to Bestbuy for that one year warranty if it happen again in like two months? Or I can go straight to Apple store.
    thanks.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Take it back to bestbuy if it occurs again, otherwise if you want actual warranty work, as opposed to exchanging it within the return period. Take it to apple

9. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

This freezing thing happens to me sometimes. It scared the ****** out of me the first time. It happened on my iPod touch, iPhone and iPad once. Just hard reset and it will work just fine ;)

10. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

It's scary, man. Hope this won't happened again.
    However, once it's back from the dead. It's magical just like Jobs said. I love it. Well, my mom loves it.

11. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Just like the others said, this is quite normal. Well not normal per se but not cause for concern unless it happens a lot. I have had this happen with my old iPad as well as my iPhone.

I believe apple just exchanges the product on the spot for you (in this case I think best buy does too). The iPad is not really serviceable, so no matter the problem (battery, screen, what you describe, etc.) they just change them out.

If it happens again within the 30 days, I would take it to Apple and have it changed out while you are in your return period. After that they may be more reluctant. I had to come back with my iPhone several times to get a replacement, as they kept trying software fixes for my issue (gps not tracking) before admitting in the 3rd trip that it's hardware and giving me a new one.

12. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks for the advice. Appreciate all the advice from everybody.
    p.s. my MBP feels super heavy after I was playing with the IPad2.