(my) iPad2 vs iPad1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by No1up, Mar 11, 2011.

1. No1up macrumors regular

Things I cam say just from playing with both iPads here at home.

The screen seems a little brighter or or white...
    The browser is faster but by less than a second.
    The FaceTime cam is trash.

Everything seems A BIT smoother, I'm really thinking of taking it back, and getting a 64GB iPad 1...

I'm gonna keep it a few days, if I'm not convinced to keep it by then, I'll return it, or sell it on eBay.

2. JavierDiaz4 macrumors member

Yea keep me posted, I'm really interested in your hands on experience and comparison. I had your same sentiment in regards to the one and sold it on Ebay, but at the new price, heck, I'd get it if the Face Time is not that big of a deal, that would be the deal breaker for me.

3. shanshor macrumors regular

I will second the comment about the camera. The cameras on this thing on junk. Granted, they are good enough for FaceTime and Skype, but thats about it. Inside image quality was not great on either camera. I have yet to take outdoors shots, but I am expecting better results than indoors

4. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

The iPhone 4 cameras would have been great.

And the more I play with both side to side, I have yet to run in to anything the iPad 1 can't keep up with... Maybe iOS 5?? I'll hold off until then I guess.

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I can't see using the iPad 2 as a camera... there is a reason I have the iPhone 4... iPod Touch users should be much more upset over the iPhone 4....

6. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Thanks everyone. This makes me happier for not getting rid of my IP1 for an IP2. The jump just didn't seem big enough just yet.

If I was not a current iPad owner the IP2 seems like a great idea. But the upgrade for IP1 owners seems silly right now.

Bring on iPad 3!!!

7. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

I agree for now... iPad 1 at $350 > iPad 2

But when iOS 5 comes out, you might have wished you had...

Since my wife has the iPad, I MIGHT look in to the xoom, that way I have both! I'll keep an eye on this whole flash update it has, and how this affects it stability and battery. For now though I'm happy enough...