My iPhone 3G auto dials people on my recent list

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by allan.nyholm, Jan 27, 2010.

1. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Hello,

So this is an issue I have experienced in the time I have had my iPhone 3G. Here's what I have noticed; if I have say the whole Recent calls list full - actually just one page will do - then my iPhone will auto dial people randomly from this list. Just recently I got a call from a family member saying that I had just dialed them but nothing was said.. I checked my recent list and nothing out of the ordinary was on this list. I did NOT dial this family member at the time it was said I did.

I have begun clearing my recent list for each call just in case the phone auto dials again without me knowing.

Could this be an operator issue(Telenor,DK)? I have just recently reset my iPhone and started fresh with no restored backup from iTunes.

Thanks for any insight.

iPhone 3G 8GB with up-to-date firmware. Plenty of music and apps and about 400MB free disk space.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

My recent call list is over 3 pages long and I don't have this issue. I'm doubting the iPhone is doing this behavior. Call your provider.

3. darklyt macrumors regular

Do you lock your phone before you put it into your pocket? If not, you might be making some accidental contact with the screen causing you to call someone. I've had that happen to me, but nothing related to having my Recent Calls list filled.

4. mckendrm macrumors newbie

Same problem

I've also had my phone periodically redial someone and another family member reports the same problem. It doesn't happen often but it definitely does occur once in a while. It has happened when the IPhone was in my purse or sitting on a table. My phone is password-locked so hitting a button accidentally isn't a possible cause. I live in a rural area with Edge rather than 3G coverage but this has also happened in an area with 3G.

It's either aliens or solar flares! :rolleyes:

5. allan.nyholm thread starter macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Usually I leave it on the table here at home. This is the same position it was in when the phone auto dialed or re-dialed another family member. It was locked but not password protected.

Good to hear I am not entirely alone. I have 3G where I live.

6. Momtoktb macrumors newbie

Mystery calls

I've had the same issue for over a year. My phone is also password protected - I can't make a call without the code, but the phone can! I've had apple replace the phone 3 times, avoided reloading my old data onto the new phone to try to avoid any software glitch, etc etc. NothIng works. Posting today because the phone has done it at least a dozen times today after thinking the problem had been solved for a month. And it's not just recent calls, could be anyone in the dark recesses of my contact list! Maybe it happens when Apple is trolling through my data! ;-)