My iPhone 3G Battery - what would you do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djwobble, Jul 13, 2008.

1. djwobble macrumors regular

I had the 1st Gen iPhone and notice the new battery for the 3G phone is not up to par at all.

I have taken some advice for you guys. I completely drained my batter at 1:00pm today and put it on the charger. It says it is full now (the green battery won't/can't go any further).

Should I go ahead and pull it off the charger? It is 6:00p now.

2. djwobble thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone?

It is now 8:12

3. dmize macrumors newbie

4. jabbawockee macrumors member

5. lindsaykaye04 macrumors member

Are you charging it with your phone off? I can't figure out how to do that...

6. speedbumpnv macrumors 6502

a full charge in indicated by a plug icon in the batter in the top right corner. a lightning bolt icon in the batter means charging. its hard to gauge the charge based on the pretty big green battery.

7. ec51 macrumors 6502

Plug phone in while it is ON...THEN turn off.

8. lindsaykaye04 macrumors member

Thanks! I knew I used to do it with my first iPhone, but I couldn't remember how, as I haven't had the phone for a couple of months. The only difference is that the battery bar doesn't show up on my 3G when I do this, while it did on my 2G. I didn't realize it was charging.

9. ec51 macrumors 6502

Same here...

I let it go down to completely dead and shut it off while it charged completely last night. It has been going fine all day...battery seems it needs at least one complete cycle.

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I've noticed this as well. I stress tested it down until shut off last night and plugged it in until fully charged. I'm very impressed with the battery life so far, and I'm in a 3G area...