My iPhone 3G has a bubble in the plastic on the back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacExtra, Jul 15, 2008.

1. MacExtra macrumors newbie

There's a bubble in the plastic on the back of my iPhone 3G. I posted a couple photos here (text is in french).

Fido support tells me it's the independant Fido boutique that sold it to me who should replace it and the boutique says it's Fido who handle that problem... anyway I'm waiting for them to call back.

Shouldn't it be Apple? But Apple Stores in Canada don't sell the iPhone :confused:

Apparently I'm not alone: Apple Discussion

Edit: They removed my post in the thread... it seems Apple doesn't like my photos.

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Just take it back then. It looks like lots of consumers will be sending their's back... Me personally, I have a great 3G, not sure where I went right.

3. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

4. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

You have a unique phone live with it. Its a really tiny bubble......

5. theunlocker macrumors member

OMG Tis IS A DIZAZTER!!! RECALLL!!! just keep it lol your iphone has an ipimple

6. sjw macrumors regular

Is this a joke? I really don't see what the problem is.. it's a really minute problem! You can't even call it a 'problem' :rolleyes: What is it? Like 2mm big at most? Apple fanboys really take it to the next level in their obsession with perfection...

7. voxnj macrumors regular

Have you tried

some Benzoperoxide? It should work on the pimple.

8. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

sell it on ebay as iPhone 3G Special Edition.

complete with blackhead :)

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i really don't see the problem for him asking for another phone or for them to repair it. I am sure you guys would feel nearly the same if that happened to you.

10. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

My first phone had a bubble just like that and 2 small chips out of the plastic near the sim slot. I returned it for a new one which, until I drop it on pavement, is flawless.

12. MacExtra thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not saying it's a HUGE problem. I will live with it if they don't want to replace it. But considering I'm paying about $2600 on a 36 months contract...

Would you accept to have a scratch on any other product you buy? On your tv or on your car? I had a scratch on a pair of glasses that I paid $600... should I have it replace or not?

13. MacExtra thread starter macrumors newbie

Hehehe :D

14. MacExtra thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol! Are you working in marketing?

15. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

The iPimple probably comes from filling your iPhone with too much teenage boy band music.

16. MacExtra thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently Apple doesn't like my photos. I posted a link to my photos on Apple support forums and they removed it.

17. BigAus macrumors member

Take it back dude.

Do you think Apple would be happy if you told them you were going to give them $X less for the phone.

18. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

my phone has the same problem, except on the bottom left region of the phone.

i was considering bringing it back for an exchange... let me know how yours goes!

19. sjsharks13 macrumors regular

a lot of people would say that its not a big deal...but if it were YOUR iphone..would you be content with that? I know I would not.

20. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i have one of those on my phone but its smaller and you can only see with bright light and at an angle or else you would never notice, it doesnt bother me

21. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

Yea I have 2 bubbles like this in my phone.... I know it's small but it is annoying... Do you think an Apple Store would replace my phone?

22. phildexter macrumors member

Take it back, and yes they will replace it. It's a cosmetic problem caused during cure time of the plastic. I'd take it back if i had it. Would you buy a Porsche with a small scratch it in? you'd expect it to be repaired. Plus you'll have a hard time selling it on in the future.

23. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

I bought it AT&T does it matter? Will Apple replace it... I guess il make an appointment for tomorrow and post back tomorrow....

24. iLemon macrumors newbie

Consider yourself lucky that you have just the one bubble. My iPhone is a disaster and I fully intend on exchanging it once my nearby AT&T store gets more in stock. I have at least six, yes SIX of those bubbles on the back as well as numerous dust particles under the screen, a crooked power/lock button and the uneven glass/bezel. There are also at least three little pinpoint-sized specs in my screen that are NOT dust and change appearance based on the angle at which I am holding the phone.

Suffice it to say I am NOT happy with Apple's quality control right now (or should I say lack thereof).