My Iphone 3g is not getting signal

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by krislk37, Oct 10, 2010.

1. krislk37 macrumors newbie

I bought this Iphone from someone who said everything was in perfect working condition and before I bought the Iphone I put my sim card in it and played around with it for a few minutes. It seemed like everything was working fine and so I gave the guy the money for it, but when I got home I noticed the Iphone said no signal and since then it seems to want to stay at "no signal" for 98% of the time. When I tried contacting the person who sold me the phone, he just ignored me, he wouldn't return my calls/texts, nothing. So now I'm stuck with a defected Iphone that I paid a lot of money for. I thought maybe it was just because I'm using it with tmobile and it wasn't unlocked properly, so then I inserted my boyfriend's sim card into it, who has AT&T and it does the same thing with his sim card, even after I restored it with itunes and took the unlock/jailbreak off of it. Any ideas what this problem could be would be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

2. esdubleu macrumors newbie

i am on the same boat as you! recently bought a phone that is locked to optus (i use telstra) thinking i could unlock it myself by jailbreaking and using ultrasn0w to unlock (big mistake as it is on FW 4.1). Turns out even if i use an optus sim card, im able to unlock the phone but get no signal despite hours of getting help off the net, restoring, jailbreaking and what not.

If you can fix this problem, please notify me me!

thanks