My iPhone 3G situation!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sako94, Jun 20, 2008.

1. sako94 macrumors regular

Ok i just graduated yesterday!
    and as my "graduation gift" my dad is buying me the 16 gb iphone 3G
    but the problem is were not here on the 6th-12th were on vacation at some cruise and we will be returning on 13th do you think there will be enough in stock for me to get right when i return from my trip?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

congratulations on graduating! and if launch day of the iPhones is anything to go off of there should be plenty in stock.

3. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Congratulations on your graduation!

Why not enjoy that fact instead of worrying about your upcoming iphone? This is the start of the rest of your life, dont ruin it with thinking about the materialistic things...

ENJOY IT!!!

The phone will be there when you get back.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

Yeah, I am sorta in a similar boat (well.....also on a cruise)....although I am on a 11 day cruise somewhere around Greece/Turkey/Rome/Naples for my honeymoon. At least I think have my BB Curve with my international blackberry email service on Tmobile on the ship.

In a way, I am glad the 3g iPhone wasn't released Friday June 27 2008 at 6pm because I already warned my future wife/in laws that I would be late for the rehearsal dinner if the 3 iphone were to launch at that time.

But the more I think about it, it's just a cell phone and you have a big event (graduation) and just enjoy it. You will remember the graduation for much longer than getting your hands on the next lastest and greatest thing.

The cell phone will be there to be purchase when you get back. This is not like a videogame system launch where the systems are sold out for months at a time.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I couldn't agree with you anymore. Congrats to the OP on graduating ;)

6. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

I'm sorry to inform you that Apple and all its carriers will run out of iPhones by the time you return home. Not only that. There are no plans to replenish supplies until the next version of the iPhone sometime in 2009.

Next time, stop enjoying life and just camp out at your local Apple store in the days leading up to a product launch. In the mean time, how'd you like an iPod Touch? :rolleyes: