My iphone 3G turns off when it gets locked.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RyJoy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. RyJoy macrumors newbie

Ok, So my iphone 3G was acceptable up until about a week ago. As far as I know, it wasn't damaged in any way. What happens is, when either I lock the phone using the top lock button, or when it auto-locks itself after 4 minutes, the home button, which should wake up the phone and show me the screen to unlock it, does nothing. My screen stays black with no changes. Im assuming its shutting off, and the only way I can turn it on is by holding the lock button and home button until the apple logo appears. This happens everytime the phone is locked for more than 1 minute. Keeping the phone unlocked is killing my battery and driving me crazy!!
    Also, none of this happens when the phone is plugged in. Its really strange. And at one point I was listening to the ipod out loud, and it started skipping (while plugged in) which I've never heard of.
    The guy at AT&T told me restoring it should fix it. No such luck. So if ANYONE can help in anyway that would be so amazing!!! Thanks guys!

2. RonYosafi macrumors member

RonYosafi

3. RyJoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, its not jailbroken.

4. RonYosafi macrumors member

RonYosafi

if u stll have the warranty u can take it to apple. if not still take it to at least find out whats wrong

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What firmware version are you on?
    Seems to be alot of cases like yours with iphones on 4.+ in general.
    I know my iphone 4 did it a bunch of times also.

6. RonYosafi macrumors member

RonYosafi