My iphone 3g will not sync photos can any one help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whitmore6, Apr 20, 2009.

1. whitmore6 macrumors newbie

Im sorry if this has been posted previously - i have had a quick look around and could not find anything about it.
    but if there is anythin can you please link me up thanks

Anyway, recently my iphone has had a small problem
    the problem is that i cannot sync photos onto my iphone it comes up with the error message that is shown in the attatchment.

can anyone help me in what to do
    i dont want to restore my phone as i will loose all of my texts and other data which i wont be pleased with.

if it helps i have the iphone 3g 16gb in white the software is 2.2.1 which is the latest i beleve
    im highly antisipating the new update to 3.0 lol

im only 15 so dont get too technical with the answers thanks alot

Sam ;)

Attached Files:

2. cb09 macrumors newbie

cb09

Hello. Have you tried reinstalling iTunes? Or uninstalling and reinstalling? You may want to try that.

3. whitmore6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh i have but im gunna try it again in a min to make sure
    thanks

4. whitmore6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope it didnt work
    any other suggestions?

5. cb09 macrumors newbie

cb09

Try putting your pictures onto a thumb drive or an external hard drive, and then try syncing. Or, additionally:

By default, Windows Vista uses an NTFS file system, and for some reason, this causes problems when syncing photos to the iPhone. In order to sidestep this problem, you’ll need a USB flash drive, or an external hard drive that is formatted using the FAT32 file system.

Step by step example (We’ll use C:\Documents\Pictures as our default photo directory, swap this out with your actual photo directory. We’ll use F:\ as our FAT32 formatted drive.):

Copy all pictures from your current NTFS formatted drive C:\Documents\Pictures to F:\Pictures (or to a directory of your choice)
    Open iTunes and select the new folder that you want to use to sync photos to your iPhone - F:\Pictures
    Sync your iPhone and everything should work smoothly.
    Prior to moving all of my files to the FAT32 formatted drive, I was only able to sync 45 out of 102 pictures, now all 102 pictures sync to the iPhone with no problem.

6. whitmore6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Your a Genious Thanks alot mate sorted :)
    Thanks again

7. sweetdog macrumors newbie

USB cable issue

I had the same problem and it was the cable. I was using the cable that came with my ipod. The cables have developed over the years and the new USB cables for the Iphones have data receptors in them whereas old ipod and some charge only USB leads do not have these data receptors that are required for photos, Iphone 3GS etc. I got a new lead and my problem was solved.