My iPhone 3G with iOS4 sucks, because...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Giuly, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

This morning, I missed two auctions on eBay for a PowerMac G4 MDD 1.25GHz and a Quicksilver 933MHz, both went for $1 each.

In the meantime I was stuck with A) EDGE, because I was in a room B) eBay-App didn't load "My eBay" C) Safari didn't load anything and D) I was waiting for 10 Minutes to reboot the iPhone.

Now I have to pick up 2 PowerMac G4 (AGP Graphics) instead of all 4, worth $5, 220 miles away.

God damn Apple, make it usable again.

Feel free to continue…

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You were trying to win an auction while on edge on your phone? Definitely sounds like Apple's fault to me.

3. Giuly thread starter macrumors 68040

Giuly

You rather don't understand the problem. The guy had 4 PowerMacs. I won the first on Edge. Then "My eBay" never came back, "Error while loading My eBay". I went outside, had 3G, still didn't work. Then I tried it in Safari, but Safari won't even load Google, before I even could type in "google.com", the 2nd auction was over. Reboot -> Everything worked again, but I missed the 3rd auction and then won the 4th one. All auctions were about 5-10 minutes to each other.

You didn't really have used an iPhone 3G with iOS4, did you? Actually it's the RAMs fault, because there is simply not enough in the 3G. But Apple should have considered that some people still use this device on daily base, and they need it usable. I can play Plants vs. Zombies fine on my 3G, but I want to use Safari and at least eBay, too. And don't miss calls because they are so delayed, that it only vibrates twice and before you manage to slide the receive-button, the caller is already in voicemail. Or dropping calls by pressing "End" with my cheek.

The 3G on iOS4 is simply dissatisfying.

4. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

get a damn computer...oh wait, thats what you are trying to do...hahahahahaha

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ok, Giuly, I feel bad for you. Apple never should have let 3G users upgrade to iOS 4. I understand your pain.

But even so...you have to admit that this dude was pretty damn funny.

6. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Turn off the indexing. Fixed.

7. Giuly thread starter macrumors 68040

Giuly

Well, you can't use an iPad or a MacBook under the table :rolleyes:
    I'm trying now to get eligible for the iPhone 4 before September 30th. First thing you hear on the hotline is "As Apple has shipping difficulties, we're sorry for the delayed dispatch of the iPhone 4. To check your shipping status, visit X".
    Well, I just ended that call with my cheek anyways. September 30th plus 8-9 weeks of shipping time equals Mid-December. Lucky me today.

[​IMG]
    Looks already pretty much turned off to me.

8. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Was the item location in Nigeria and did the seller want you to support his starving princess?

9. Giuly thread starter macrumors 68040

Giuly

Nobody looks on eBay at 11AM on a Tuesday. That's why a guy with more luck then me got itself 2 Macs for $2. And then there was me, who has to spend $60 to pick 2 400MHz PowerMacs up. Just SOL today.

10. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

My girlfriend HATES 4.0 o her 3g. So much so that she got rid of it and traded it away for a blackberry...Shes much happier now.

11. stuuke macrumors regular

My wife's 3G iphone has been crippled since loading IOS 4. I update to 4.2 today and was hopeful that would fix it but it still closes out of programs and lags. She can barely send a text message with it.

12. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Downgrade to 3.1.3.

Don't share your hoarding stories as if someone cares.

13. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

get a new phone, yours is very outdated. silly complaint in my opinion.

14. johnlo macrumors newbie

upgraded to 4.0.2. must better in speed. NOT far. just MUCH MUCH better then before. feels like i am back to 3.1.3 or watever it was b4 4.0

15. stuuke macrumors regular

Tried it, didn't work.

16. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Why would she even consider trading when she could have downgraded it back to 3.1.3? :confused: Obviously she didn't know she could but still...

17. nate1220 macrumors member

downgrade to 3.1.3....

4.1 will fix your lag issues next month! I was scared that I would lose a lot of value because I wouldnt be able to update to ios4 on the iphone 3g.

18. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I completely agree. I went from a 3G to a 4 and the 3G was very slow and underwhelming on iOS4.

19. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Did Apple say they working on a specific fix for this?

20. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

21. woofermazing macrumors member

You're using it too long.

-Steve

Sent from my white iPhone 4

22. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Doesn't work for everyone apparently, tried this trick and it didnt work for me. Getting an iPhone 4 soon anyway.