My iPhone 3G won't start :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sprehodec, May 7, 2010.

1. sprehodec macrumors member

sprehodec

Hi,

yesterday I restarted my iPhone 3G (fw 3.1.2) and after that it can't start, it just shows Apple logo for few seconds and then goes blank. Can anyone help me with this? Can I at least backup some things from my iPhone (contacts and pics) before restoring?

thanks in advance :confused::confused::eek:

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

What happens when you attach it to your computer? Does it try to sync?

3. sprehodec thread starter macrumors member

sprehodec

iTunes doesn't even recognize my iPhone :mad::confused: when i attach it to my computer Apple logo appears and then after few seconds disapper..

4. sprehodec thread starter macrumors member

sprehodec

I tryed iRecovery and no help :mad:

please can someone just help me with backup

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

This is what I would suggest, while also making sure you have a recent backup to restore from.

7. sprehodec thread starter macrumors member

sprehodec

Any way to backup some things before restoring, to connect via cable and transfer at least few precious things (at least all photos I have on my iPhone), pleeeeeeeeeease

I read about endless boot loop and what I have is not that..Apple logo shows for only few seconds and then disappears, if I want to see logo again I have to press power button again. So is there any chance I can make this thing work without restore (I need my pics)

thank in advance

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No one's telling you a way to get stuff off the phone before you restore, because there is NO WAY. Restore in DFU mode. It's all you can do.

9. sprehodec thread starter macrumors member

sprehodec

Hi,

I just restored and i connected my iPhone to computer I used before and iTunes gave me an option to restore previous settings, I got some pics and contacts back..so is it possible to do the same thing when I connect to my mac cause it did some kind of backup 10 days ago when i copied some music to my phone?

tnx in advance :rolleyes:

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why the "rolleyes?"

Yes, you can restore from a backup on the Mac, if you choose. BTW, contacts should be synced (a lot of things should be synced actually), so you shouldn't have to rely on a backup for most stuff.

11. sprehodec thread starter macrumors member

sprehodec

I used "rolleyes" for no reason, won't do it again :)

After restore iTunes gave me an option to create a new name for my iPhone or to use old name and restore some things. I chose the second one and got few pics and contacts back. Now I would like to erase that name (like it's freshly installed) and do the same thing on my mac cause iTunes did some backup 10 days ago so I think I can get all my contacts and pics back. Now how to do that?

tnx

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Rolleyes means you're being sarcastic, which is why I asked.

What you did is restore from a backup. So, attach it to your Mac (what was it backed up from before??:confused:) and restore from that backup.