My IPhone 3g won't turn on!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oxygen801, Sep 27, 2010.

1. oxygen801 macrumors newbie

Okay, I've done everything I could think of. Left it on the charger overnight. Let it charge via the computer. Tried to reset it with home and power. Tried to restore it in ITunes, and it turned on briefly before ITunes said it couldn't restore it. What do I do? Please help, I'm dying without a phone...

2. Resist macrumors 68030

Is it possible that the battery needs replacing, because it won't hold a charge any longer?

3. oxygen801 thread starter macrumors newbie

Battery comment....

The thing is, it doesn't turn on at all unless I'm attempting to restore the damn thing. Most devices will turn on if it's plugged into a charger, regardless if the battery's ****ed. At least, that's my experience. When I attempt a restore via ITunes, the apple shows, but then when ITunes says it can't do it, it shuts back off.

Could it be a hardware problem? Other than the battery? God forbid, but the motherboard?

4. oxygen801 thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it fixed!!!!!

Okay here's the wierd thing. I tried restoring via itunes. I used 3 diff versions, 8.1, 9.1 & 10. None of which worked. I called Apple for support. They had me hook it up to 10. All of a sudden it started doing it! ****in awesome.