My iphone 3G wont turn on!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djpain, Apr 20, 2010.

1. djpain macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 3G ex-black...it was black and i wanted to change it to white...
    i have experience with other mobile phones but its the second time i get to open an iphone...

everything was good and i closed it up!i turned it on succesfully...
    it had got almost full battery but when i tried restarting it...it just wouldnt turn on...so i tried to plug it on the pc...after plugin it in and leting it for a while i tried turning it on it just flashed white and black again...the same for the wall plug just this time the white was on for some seconds!
    i tried home+power button...nothing happens!its not recognized on the pc...

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Are you just telling us what happened or do you think we'll give you a solution?

3. djpain thread starter macrumors newbie

i need a solution cause i just lost an iphone 3g :p....is there anyway i can make it work?

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

The best bet as you have already voided any warranty that you may of had is to take it apart again and make sure all the connectors etc are in the right place.:rolleyes:

5. crissi215 macrumors newbie

iphone 3g, wont power on. the apple logo is all thats on screen. have tried resetting and connecting to itunes after full charge. any suggestions. this phone has been xfrd from att to verizon network

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

And just how did you manage that? :)

7. djpain thread starter macrumors newbie

i have already tried that 3 times...everything is in perfect place!
    the main point that we should pay attention is that it flashes when is pluged in the wall so i think it may be the battery that makes the problem and it may has just been broken :S!

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yet the battery was fine before you opened it.

Maybe the battery likes a black case?
    :confused::p

9. djpain thread starter macrumors newbie

maybe you consider your self so funny or maybe you may want to look funny...but you know what?this is not very funny...if you cant help then please dont make fun of me...i am not in the mood to accept it!

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Take it apart again and reassemble. You voided your warranty already and you say you are good at this, so that's the best way to try to fix it.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Apologies, but IDK whether to take you seriously. We have trolls on here all the time. You "wrote" that your battery was fine, yet you took the phone apart, and then think it's the battery? Can you see how nonsensical that is? "You" obviously messed something up taking it apart. Stop asking how to fix it, since no one is going to know what you broke. I mean, you keep asking over and over. It's ridiculous. You're going to have to take it apart and slowly put it back together. I would get one of the video tutorials that are all over the internet (and there are even posts on MR) for how to put a phone back together. I'll even do you the favor and find you a link. Thank me later.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone-3G-Teardown/600/1#top

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=X1z0pw2VK7M&eurl=

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=200165

3 links for you. Thank me 3 times now.

12. djpain thread starter macrumors newbie

Thnx Thnx Thnx now you really did good work!
    It must be my english :/
    look..everything was put together!the phone worked perfectly...and after a while the screen just turned black and it wont turn on now!it cant be the order i put them :/ but i will try doing what you told me!

If that doesnt work then i will order a new battery...and if that doesnt work 2 i will order a new motherboard 2 :p

13. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

I am having same problem, but i have not opend my case. Turned it off lastnight, and this morning i cant get it to power up?

Help me please!

14. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Oh yes, 3G OS 3.0 jailbroken and unlocked. PC does not see phone when plugged in. Does not seem to charge from wall socket.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Your battery is probably bad. Leave the phone plugged in to the wall and if still won't at least turn on, then you'll have to take it to Apple.

16. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Please read this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=912735

It explains a little more detail. But thank you for the heads up on a a battery. Where is a good place to purchase one and how much am i looking at paying if i were to do it myself?

17. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall