My iPhone 3GS crashes when I charge from electrical outlet

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dgcaste, Jun 21, 2009.

1. dgcaste macrumors member

Here's some video:

http://gallery.me.com/dgcaste/100025

Sometimes the artifacts are different, and sometimes it artifacts out of the speaker (sounds like an old TV without a cable signal's snow)

When it charges from a PC or through my car connection, nothing happens. I don't think it's the wall plug because my wife can charge hers just fine.

Anyone seen this before?

2. williamtcforsyt macrumors member

Completely thoughtless on this one. Are you using the charging cable that came with your 3GS?

3. dgcaste thread starter macrumors member

No, I've been using the old 3G cable. I understood that they were identical, and like I said, my wife hasn't had charging problems. Do you know of any differences?

4. dgcaste thread starter macrumors member

I can't find any information online about 3g and 3gs usb cable compatibility. I'll compare the pins tomorrow. For now guys, if you wanted to save the pristine cable for a few more months or if you wanted to have extra chargers scattered about the house, I suggest you use ONLY the 3GS charger to charge the 3GS -just in case-, and hide that 3G charger.