My iphone 3gs is dead :( help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by msJediJess, Nov 24, 2009.

1. msJediJess macrumors newbie

Ok so last night my iphone died, heres the tragic story:

I got into my car and plugged it into the 3rd party charger that you can use to play music through the radio, I went to voice dial and tried to call someone, it called the wrong person so I pushed "cancel" after I did that it shut down. When I tried to power it on and do all the soft resets it wouldn’t work, Itunes won’t even recognize it. I have a APPLE store close by, will they notice its jail broken and not fix it?:confused:

Help!!

Thank you!

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Worth a shot, I doubt they'll straight up ask "is this thing jailbroken?"

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

The apple store should help you out. Is the charger "made for iPhone"?

4. duskandsummer macrumors member

it really depends on who you get.

if your phone is completely dead and not turing on when you press the home and sleep button..*reset*...then its dead and it aint coming back.
    There is no way on earth they will be able to tell.

Trust me..lets say a friend of mine..their phone went dead..his phone was unlocked and jailbroken and had slight water damage and no warranty..it had expired over a year..and they still replaced the phone without the $199 charge.

so if I were you just go..and hope you get someone who is pretty cool..hope a younger person helps you out. Usually the older ones are the meanies.

5. msJediJess thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I bought it at target.

6. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

so if I were you just go..and hope you get someone who is pretty cool..hope a younger person helps you out. Usually the older ones are the meanies.[/QUOTE]

The older ones? I don't think that is very open minded.

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

One time at the Apple store on Knox street in Dallas there was this employee checking appointments in at the door, looked like a rugged Steve Jobs, no joke go check it out! I would have taken a picture but I was there to buy the iPhone I would have used for that -.-'

8. duskandsummer macrumors member

I meant go to a newer store.

If you go to a Apple store that has been around..they won't wanna help you as much as a newer store who is trying to build up their customer care status you know.

A newer Apple store will do anything to keep you happy and coming back to that store..but older stores that have been around..know people will go there no matter what.

STILL hope you get a cool employee

9. msJediJess thread starter macrumors newbie

Its funny you mention that, The At&t rep I spoke to said the same thing

10. djsiek macrumors newbie

Totally agree. I have had a few things fixed at the newer stores. They are popping up all over the place in Melbourne now.

11. duskandsummer macrumors member

msJediJess..really don't worry about it..if your phone isn't turning on at all..even plugged in and you have tried everything..chances are it won't in the store..so they will not find out that it is jailbroken.

the problem will be is your warranty still good..or is it expired?

12. msJediJess thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got my phone in July :) so The warrenty is still good. thank you so much! I was worried!

13. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Let's not talk about the not-so-lucky jailbreakers

*sigh* There's just so much you can do for them :(

Steve Jobs