My iPhone 4 and Apple Care

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enjoyin, Sep 4, 2010.

1. enjoyin macrumors newbie

I purchase the iPhone 4 with Telus and at the same time purchased and registered Apple Care to the device. The other day I decided to go with another provider that gave a better plan for the iPhone 4 and so I switched. My question is can I transfer the Apple Care to the new iPhone 4 and if so how do I do it?

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Try calling apple care and asking...

I'm pretty sure you cannot. The only way to transfer applecare is if applecare or a genius issues you a replacement product.

3. DeepIn2U macrumors 601

DeepIn2U

well you've just increased the value of your Iphone 4. Either sell it accordingly or get it Micro-SIM Unlocked and keep it as a backup.
    what plan did you find btw, I'm in Toronto so I'm curious what changes benefited you changing providers??!!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you activated an additional year of applecare to the iphone 4 then gave it back and switched to a different provider and got a different iphone 4?
    So the first that you returned now has the applecare protection that you will never be able to use right?
    Call up Applecare with your receipt and applecare documentation and see if they cant transfer the warranty from the old iphone to your new iphone 4.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

+1

It's worth a call since you can transfer Applecare when you sell the iPhone.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

After returning my first iPhone 4, I waited one month before getting a new one, after I bought the new one that I have now, I took a picture of the return receipt for the old one, along with a picture of the new receipt and emailed it to Apple customer care. The rep. who received the email with the pic, was able to transfer the Apple care to my new iPhone that day..... My new iPhone 4 came in very handy that day. :D