My iPhone 4 and AT&T Prepaid goPhone [Please Help]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kenet1k, Jan 29, 2012.

1. kenet1k macrumors newbie

Thank you for reading my thread and attempting to help me.

Here is my situation:
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 that was previously activated with a regular iPhone plan. I upgraded to a new iPhone 4S and had my account transferred to that phone. My friend is in need of a phone so we got the $50/mo unlimited prepaid plan. We had it turned onto a regular sim in a brick and mortar AT&t store. At home I cut the sim into a micro sim and placed it in the no longer active iPhone 4. It instantly recognized the sim and showed AT8T service. I am able to place and receive calls flawlessly. At this point I am incapable of using data on the phone. I have read articles and seen videos on youtube where people have accomplished this, but I have yet to be successful with it. I have also read that its just plain not possible and you have to add data to the account.

Help my with solutions please:
    So is there a way to get the data on that plan to work; if not?
    Of the people that add data plans I see people quoting different prices for different amounts of data. Some people say the $25 plan for 500mb and some people say $30 for 3GB. Can I use the "DataConnect 3GB for iPad" plan?

Help me come up with my best option. I appreciate your time!

2. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502

gr8whtd0pe

Go here: http://unlockit.co.nz/ on the iPhone. Tap continue, custom apn, and then at the bottom of the list has gophone. Select it and say create. Then install it. Reboot and ready to go.

3. NT5.2 macrumors newbie

First purchase the $25 plan for 500 mb then go to http://unlockit.co.nz from wifi on the phone and change the apn settings. Then your data should be working.

4. kenet1k thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I followed this guide and it works perfectly. I certainly appreciate all of your help. But let me clarify, there is absolutely no way to make it work with out the extra data plan? I have seen videos on youtube and comments saying that it could be done.