My iPhone 4 Battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroUK, Jun 28, 2010.

1. AeroUK macrumors 6502

Was pretty bad first 2 charges but seemed a lot better today, I had everything off apart from push and location services and just turned on the other stuff (3G etc.) when needed.

I am happy that I got through the day on one charge for a change! What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

It would seem I get better battery than you in a way.

I do charge mine every day. I have bluetooth, wifi, push, notifications, location services... basically, everything on. Lowest battery level I've had so far is around 40% with those on and playing alot of Godfinger.

Attached Files:

3. iStrat macrumors member

These numbers are meaningless unless you describe what you were doing. I imagine the people posting that they are getting 14 or 15 hours of use are not web browsing the entire time. They're probably just using the iPod or something.

4. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

My battery was on 50% with auto brightness on and I have push email/calendar etc. running all day. Also used tom tom app and played 30 mins of games.

I may try again tomorrow with 3G on and brightness a little lower. As long as I get through a day I do not care!

5. zacharace macrumors member

Very true. One--though not necessarily the OP--can swing power/battery stats pretty easily depending on what they're doing. Listening to iPod all day will get you 15 hours; browsing the web, not necessarily.

6. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Well my usage is just as average as any other average user. checking mail, check up a few things on the web, phone calls and games. obviously your mileage varies but on my old 3G if I was doing all of that, I would be around 10% power

7. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

I tried resetting the network settings last night and I had a better day. I started at 100% at 9 AM. I'm at 29% now at 5 PM with 4 hours of usage and 8 hours of standby. Mostly email, some internet, one map check, and about 4 min of game checking. I did have 3g on because if not, I often can't get my data. I had push off and fetch manually.

I charge nightly via the wall and also often when driving (although not today).

8. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

9. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

It's better than what I had. I went dead in the Apple store in the early afternoon. They plugged it in but the genius didn't think to address the problems as we had so many other problems to sort out.

I really don't want to have to go through the reinstall thing. But I probably will, won't I? I have an appt tomorrow for the genius bar. They should paint my name on of the stools. (I'm now at 20% having installed photobucket and checked email).

UPDATE: not sure if it was resetting the network settings, or the other changes I made, but today I've made it to 9:30 PM, 24%. standby 10 hours, usages 4 hours. This is an improvement.