my iPhone 4 battery question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Katt505, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Katt505 macrumors newbie

So...I have a 1 week old, iPhone 4, and I'm having some battery questions.

With about 3 apps with notifications, 3G on, wifi/bluetooth off, brightness at 50%, 1 Gmail account, 1 exchange, 1 aol and 1 mobile me account (new data is set to push, on ones that don't support push it's set to manual fetch) and with light calling (I made a call at 99%, and after the 4 minute call I was down to 96%), I'm at the following. Oh, light safari browsing, and of course Facebook....

I'm wondering if this is okay? I've done a factory reset to a new phone already after finding crappy battery life with my 3gs backup. And I've discharged and calibrated the battery appropriately.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Lenxal macrumors regular

How many times have you charged it and calibrated it?

mine is worse than yours

49%
    Usage: 3 Hours, 41 Minutes
    Standby : 7 hours

and I got a lot turned off.. brightness at 45 no 3g. no push and I got my iPhone yesterday

3. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Yes, that's good. If you want to squeeze more life out of it drop the brightness down to 30% and set it to auto-brightness and turn off push as those are big battery drains.

Edit: just checked mine (Which I know is a good battery as i had the 3Gs and my 4 is a lot better)

62% Battery
    3 Hours 52 Minutes Usage
    10 Hours 30 Minutes Standby

4. Katt505 thread starter macrumors newbie

notifications

May be a dumb question.....do the amount of apps you have using notifications affect battery life?

5. Katt505 thread starter macrumors newbie