My iPhone 4 Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacbookWoo, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MacbookWoo macrumors member

So I got my iPhone 4 on Thursday, first let me say I have owned every iPHone since the beginning.

This battery is either awful or I have a faulty unit. I have never in my experience with this phone seen a batter drain so fast, I got up this morning at 9am and I have maybe talked a total of 5 minutes on the phone. Wifi is off the brightness is halfway and I am currently sitting at 61% battery power. I have been surfing the web and used a few apps but nothing abnormal and nothing that I havent done before. This is an issue and I have noticed the poor battery power since I have had the phone...... Any suggestions or ideas on what it could be?

I am not one of these people that is going to hate on the iphone because mine personally works fine I havent dropped a call yet and I love the phone but this battery situation has me a little peaved...

2. bradleydavid53 macrumors member

its your phone. i have never had better battery life with any iphones previous. i use my iphone constantly.. yesterday i got 1day 11 hours of standyby, and 15 hours usage.. it was stellar..

sorry to hear it man.. take it back

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Make sure you don't have any applications running in the background especially any web pages open in your browser.

4. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

He probably has all location services turned on for the thousand games he has still running. If not he has his auto-lock past 1 minute and just has random stuff in the settings turned on that kills battery life. Also, its a smartphone, its not made to last more than 1 day or even 2 days without having to charge it.

[​IMG]

5. wongster41 macrumors regular

is your phone one of the phones having reception problems? If so that might be your problem because the phone is actually trying harder to get a better signal... hence killing your battery life.

6. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

stop right there.

7. nednarm macrumors 6502

lol what? It's pretty clear he has defective unit. I have location services on and my auto lock is set to never. My battery doesn't run out as quick as this.

To the OP, try restoring the iphone and setting it up as a new phone. If that doesn't do anything I suggest you book an appointment with a genius.

8. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

The chances he either didn't fully charge it or is unaware of how he is actually using the phone are far greater than the lithium not being responsive to scientific properties.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

OP - Same thing happened to me this morning. Alarm woke me up, and when I got out of the shower my phone couldn't find any networks and battery was dropping at about 1% per minute. When I got to the office I was down to 61%, I turned my phone off and back on and seemed to have stopped the problem. I'm running it down now and will do a battery cycle, but you're certainly not alone. That said, everything else is working fine.

10. MacbookWoo thread starter macrumors member

No I am not having any reception issues, the only app that I really use is Facebook, Also on the way to work I used iheartradio, but the phone is plugged in to the head unit which charges it!!!! I also make sure to close all application so they are not running in the background, would that really cause it to get this low anyways?

11. MacbookWoo thread starter macrumors member

So what do you recommend that I do in order to make sure that there are no push notifications and also make sure that my phone is not trying to locate services or whatever the other gentleman as talking about....

Thanks guys hopefully I can get this situation figured out, I have no done a full battery cycle yet should I? didnt think it was necessary according to the Apple Rep.

12. Kiirk macrumors member

[​IMG]

It ran down to 0% from the first charge I got from apple, and then I put it in and took a pic.

Not too shabby :)

13. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I'm very pleased with the battery life on iPhone 4.

14. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I have everything (WiFi, 3G, LBS, Notifications) turned on, except for Bluetooth, and am currently at 48% battery life, with 10 hours, 43 minutes usage. I listened to the iPod pretty much all day. I didn't make any calls but played PvZ on the train home.

You don't need to close any applications since they are NOT running in the background.

Attached Files:

15. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

+1 There are other threads, also on the Apple site, about this problem that some of us are having. One suggested fix is to set it up as a new phone, not as a backup (which I don't want to do).

Also wondering if you had any heat issues.