My Iphone 4 Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeM87, Jun 24, 2010.

1. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Well today was the day that the iPhone 4 was released so thought i would share my experience with you guys.

Got into Manchester for around 5.20am this morning after having a couple of hours sleep. When i got there to the doors that would be opened at 7.00am there was already around 20-25 people outside i just could not believe it at this time already.

Anyway i started talking to a few of the guys and some said that they had been there from half past 9 the previous evening so to be honest i wasn't to hopeful of getting one. About 10 minutes after i arrived about 30-40 more people came and then by 7.00am i would say there was at least 200 of us waiting for the doors to open.

Finally the doors opened at 7.00am and we was let in, i myself did not have a pre-ordr for the phone so i had to join a que i thought everyone would run to apple but this didn't happen mainly down to security doing a great job which i was impressed with.

Anyway i joined the non reservation que and began my wait. The store did not officially open till 8.00am and at this time we were informed that for every 10 people that had reserved the phone one of us guys would be let in which i thought was abit harsh but then again they had pre-oredred it. Anyway it got to around 9.00am and i was sixth in the que with one two people had gone in from the none reservation que it may of even been one.

One of the guys from star bucks came out and offered us water, tea and coffee and then a guy came out from apple and said that he was going to let more of us non reservation people go in to get the phones by the times there was at least 500 people plus and this number was still growing.

Anyway it got to around 9.25am and i was the next one to go in the store some people was unable to collect theres because the Vodaphone sim cards had not been delivered but we was told at this point that the sim free ones were going very quickly and this is what i wanted, a black 16gb sim free iPhone 4.

Finally i got took into the store for the iPhone where i was then asked if i had reserved it which i said "no" and was asked if i wanted to purchase any accessories with the phone which i did. The only accessories available to purchase were an iPhone bumper case and the dock so i decided to get both of these.

Anyway my brother who was with me then had to wait to do his contract upgrade on o2 and they was running behind as they now had to do all the Vodaphone ones as the sim cards had arrived in store.

Whilst i was waiting for my brother a guy came straight into the store and said "listen i just want to collect the phone i dont need any help setting it up just let me pay for it and i can go". I found this hillarious as there was now about 750 maybe even 900 people outside i think i heard from an apple representitve anyway to cut a long store short with this one he was told to wait or he wont get the phone its that simple. The gentleman then called someone in his office and said make some dinner i need you to cue up for me at apple in the Arndale i know what i would of said lol.

Anyway as my brother signed his contract i asked if it would be possible to have a micro sim as i didn't have one and then gentleman asked me what it was for, me being too honest said it was to use as a template to cut round my sim now which he didn't seem to impressed with but then said leave it with me, next minute he came and give me one which i didn't expect at all.

Anyway once home i then had to cut my sim which i was really nervous about doing i did this popped it in took a couple of minutes and then i seen Orange 3G result.

Anyway i have spent some time playing which the phone OS4 is awesome on it a lot better than any of the previous firm ware i have ever had the experience of i favourite feature of the phone is the camera but i must say the screen is crystal clear.

Hope this was a good read if you need to know anything about the phone or want anything then let me know.

Just before i go i'll leave you with some pictures :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. james92se macrumors 6502a

I'm really digging the bumper! I ordered two from apple but they won't even ship until July 3rd, and I was anxious to see some different angles/pictures.

A question about the bumper - is it sort of rigid, or is it soft?

I'm just wondering if it's soft enough that it'll separate along the sides and let crap/debris in there. I sure hope it's on the more rigid side and not just pure soft silicone/rubber

3. Aadhil macrumors regular

I just got mine yesterday upgrading from a 3G. The best thing about the physical design of the new iPhone is the lack of fingerprints. The 3G was a finger print magnet.

4. Corey213 macrumors member

no fingerprints?

My i4 is full of finger prints! weird. But I like the bumper too. It's very nice and the phone is amazing

5. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I really like the look of that grey bumper, or is that the "white" one?
    Great pics.

6. Aadhil macrumors regular

7. MikeM87 thread starter macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Hey guys,

Firstly the bumper is rigid am not 100% on the design to be honest with your I just wanted a case although this does not protect the front and rear or the iphone.

The bumper is indeed the black one as they were the only bumpers that they had loving the iPhone itself think its great was just a little costly and the queing as mentioned was really quite something on its own.