My iPhone 4 got stolen....so I got another and.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Mar 30, 2011.

1. entraik macrumors 6502a

the freakin screen is yellow! i compared it to my brother's and it looks dull and washed out while his has nice whites and crisp blues. is this normal or should i get an exchange? My original iphone 4 didn't look anything like this.

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Take it to the apple store and see what they say. If you are within 14 days you could always just exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend iP4 has that problem also. We didn't even know until months later when I had them side by side.

4. bahama macrumors newbie

Dang is this really a common problem? Just about to buy a new one

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Lookup my threads and type in on google iphone 4 yellow screen

It is NOT normal and will be very hard finding a white replacement. Good luck!

6. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I've tried. First one I got was nice and white, but had major reception issues. Second one was full on yellow, but had great reception in the same areas (no more "Searching..." and less frequent call drops.)

Tried to get a 3rd one to see if I could get white and good reception, now I have yellow-ish screen and OK reception. Gave up and said whatever, I'll deal.

7. aleni macrumors 68020

my iPhone 4 has white screen, and my wife's rather yellowish, but sometimes i prefer the yellowish screen because it seems to be easier on eyes. at first, looking on the white area of websites with its yellowish screen seems yellowish, but once i get used to it, you no longer see it as a yellowish screen, unless you compare it side by side.

my advice is just take a time to get used to it, and you will no longer see it as a yellowish screen anymore, because it would be hard to find a screen that's white. i think the first batch of iPhone 4 has white screen, and after that, it's all yellowish.

8. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeh, i only noticed the yellow screen after i compared it with my brothers... it only looks yellow to me after i look at my laptop monitor or my brother's phone. but before i looked at his.. i didn't even know i had a yellow problem...maybe i should jus keep it... : / but i did notice that my brother's screen is a lot more brighter than mines.

9. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

If you ever plan to resell down the road I would definitely get it replaced. It's fairly quick with an appointment, and it will only benefit you (unless you also feel as though it's easier on the eyes).

10. dailo macrumors regular

I just bought two new verizon iphones and noticed the same problem. Thought it was done on purpose for a warmer color? I'm going to go to the apple store to compare the display units, but my ATT iPhone is definitely much brighter compared to my verizon one.

11. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Mine is also yellowish. I don't really think it's a problem because I never noticed it before. I only noticed it once I compared it to my old iPod Touch that I found. It clearly has a yellowish colour to it. I do think the yellow makes the Retina display look a lot better. I found comparisons on Google and the yellow was much more detailed and it just looked better in general. It's just a phone and I'll be getting a new phone in a few months.. or whenever Apple releases the iPhone 5. So I really don't mind the yellow.

12. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I broke my iPhone 4 last Friday. That phone had a perfect screen and I had it since launch. I remember wondering what people were talking about with the yellow screen issue.

Anyway Apple was nice enough to replace my phone for free even though the damage was my fault. Honestly this screen is not bad at all, or anywhere near the extent of some peoples issues, but definitely no where near as white as my original screen was.

If I paid I'm not sure I'd get it swapped. It's only noticeable cause I remember how my old phone looked. Either way, under the circumstances I can't (won't) complain.

13. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i just got my phone replaced... little better then the one before... but it came with 4.2.1 so ill stick with it. (jailbreakk). the guy told me that apple is shipping out phones with a different tones as it's easier on the eyes.. only the launch/early phones come with the blueish tone.

14. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yup this is what I was told. EXCEPT there are white ones out there like my replacement. After a lot of looking though

15. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeh u probably got lucky with one from an older shipment. however, im fine with this now... no point in switching again and again... i might finally get one with a perfect white screen but with other problems.. ehh not worth it lol