My iPhone 4 got wet and I need the pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Asking, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Asking macrumors newbie

Hey,

A year ago my phone gets wet (iPhone 4), there were about hundreds and hundreds of pictures I took from abroad and do not have a backup.

The phone did not function at all at first, and my older brother tried to warm it through the oven for a few minutes (which I think made it worse).

First, the phone did not show signs of life at all, then it started to show a symbol of the Apple when charging but the it was very weak and hard to notice the icon.

Now Apple icon is clearly seen and completely normal brightness when charging the phone. The thing is that there is no further signs of life from him when I stop charging.

I passed the phone testing labs in a little town and they were unable to fix the device. Now I find it hard to give up on the phone and when I see its signs of life, which is Apple icon when I charge it.

I'm afraid to even charge it to a whole night to see what happens with him, so that its condition won't get worse.

I care less of using the phone in the future but a lot more of the pictures it has.

Now should I try to bring the phone to a laboratory in a big city? It will be more professional laboratory probably.

Perhaps there is a way to take the pictures from the device without having to fix it?

I'm really at a loss, desperate, frustrated and unable to cope with the loss of pictures.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

I think you wait about a year too long to try and fix.

3. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

4. Asking thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried already three times but I'm not sure if the laboratories are professional tho, because the iPhone shows singal of life.

5. Batman89 macrumors 6502

What happens if you plug it in to a computer?

Even if the phone itself doesn't work beyond the Apple logo, maybe the Photos app can detect the data from the phone and download the photos.

6. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

Why do people constantly not backup their data?????

7. Asking thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried already, but it's impossible to do that since the charge is 0%.

8. DadBod630 macrumors regular

If you put it in a dutch oven of rice and then put the dutch oven of rice in the oven at 250 degrees fahrenheit it will slow-leech the water out of the phone.

9. noobinator macrumors 601

I think the water is long gone a year later.

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Your phone is done for. No other way of saying it respectfully.

11. unglued macrumors member

Remove the hard drive and connect it to a computer to retrieve the data, check YouTube they'll show you how to do it.

12. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

This isn't necessarily true.

First of all, it's probably not a good idea to be baking any electronic devices unless you absolutely know what you are doing. Electronics don't like heat especially when those electronics have anti-static adhesives inside. So that was the first mistake.

The better idea would have been to disassemble the phone and disconnect the battery and then let it dry out.

However, hindsight is 20/20.

If you're seeing signs of life, chances are the flash memory itself isn't corrupt. You can order parts for it and start replacing them. What you can't replace is the logic board. If the water reached that board while it was energized then you're out of luck.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    Please show us all where the hard drive is in any smartphone.

13. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

14. unglued macrumors member

Well, I was trying not to get too technical for the original poster, ssd, flash whatever you want to call it.

15. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

Let's go with its proper name :)