My iPhone 4 is shocking me!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jhowlin, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jhowlin macrumors newbie

Anyone else getting an electrical current running through the steel band?

After using the phone for a little while I keep getting little tingles and spasms in my hands. Feels like a low voltage current is running through it.

Obviously you won't feel it with a bumper on.

If anyone has a voltage meter and could test theirs, that would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

2. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

"you're holding it wrong"
    -Steve

3. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I had a feeling like that on the bottom of mine too... hmm my volt meter wire is broke i'll try to fix it.

4. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

I've been hoping that someone would take a multimeter and actually test the different sections of the metal band to see if this could be true. I have an iPhone 4, just not a multimeter so I can't but, I would most certainly love for someone out there that owns one to do an informal test if they can.

Check for millivolts and millamps and post any findings and results, please.

5. wolfattack macrumors member

i dont post on here much, but last night i felt this exact same sensation.

right where the break is on the antenna in the bottom left corner, like a very slight tingle. I don't know if its my brain tricking me, or if its actually happening!

6. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I was shocked this morning, as you describe. However I was showing it to someone and he was holding it. When he handed it back to me, ZAP. I thought I just shortened it's life span.

I thought maybe either he was charged up or I was. The hand off equalized the static.

I didn't hand it to him directly. I had put it on a table and he picked it up. I almost yelled at him for almost killing my phone. But I just forgot about it in 2 seconds.

7. Jhowlin thread starter macrumors newbie

Further clarification

I have to be using the device for about 10 minutes before I start to notice it, an it seems to happen more when the battery has about half its charge.

8. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

fone apple but they prob just say put a case on it :eek:

9. ashleeey09 macrumors newbie

i have an iPhone 3GS and it shocks me also i was standing on the road and it shocked me it half scared me and half hurt and i dropped it, anyhow it cracked my screen. Im on a plan with insurance, and i think optus should replace my screen because of their painful and faulty products, but to call them or go in and see them and complain would be hard for me because i dont like confrontation, i need advice lol.

10. james90755 macrumors member

Mine zaps me via the earbud. DId it with Apple buds, and also with my Logitech buds.