My iPhone 4 might be bricked - please help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ckesten, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ckesten macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2008
    New York

I searched the web and this forum nothing is working.

My phone was jailbroken by limera!n and I went to restore it back by going to settings and erasing all settngs. I guess that was the mistake.

Now my phone won't go past the apple logo on start up. I can still turn it off by holding sleep and home but when I start it again it won't go past the apple logo. Sometimes the circle appears that shows its trying load but it won't.

I tried holding down sleep and hold for ten seconds then releasing sleep but it doesn't work. If I connect to macbook with the usb cable nothing happens.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!
  2. Jbrick macrumors newbie

Oct 31, 2010
  3. ulbador macrumors 68000

Feb 11, 2010
    It's not bricked. You just aren't getting it into DFU mode. In DFU mode the screen will be completely black.
  4. ckesten thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2008
    New York
    wow that must have been it. it worked now when i connected to to macbook. thanks a lot for the help guys.. and good luck
  5. desiprince1212 macrumors member

May 20, 2010
    [HOW-to] RE-Jailbreak

This may be a stupid question but how do I re-jailbreak. I have already Jailbroke (4.0.1) and unlocked using Ultrasn0w.

I want to upgrade to 4.1 using GreenPois0n. But how I do properly re - jailbreak. Just hit restore and run the JB? That simple? Please let me know if there is a specific procedure.

ANDDDD will I lose my unlock forever? Since obviously the baseband will change (should I use TinyUmbrella, Pwnage to JB?). Can I have until 4.2 and then just unlock to something easier like Ulrasn0w? Thanks!
  6. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

Nov 7, 2009
    In your basement

If you have a mac, use pWnage, it'll allow you keep an unlockable baseband.

If you just update via iTunes, you WILL lose your unlock at least until they release a new ultrasn0w, and who knows how long that will take.
  7. desiprince1212 macrumors member

May 20, 2010
    Didnt mean to threadjack could have sworn I started a new apologies again..

but when you use pwnagetools does that jailbreak for me? yes sir/maam I have a mac, so I can use it.
  8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Nov 5, 2009
    yes it jb it...