My iPhone 4 problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by old-school, Jul 5, 2010.

1. old-school macrumors 6502

Email I just sent to SJ below. Will ring Applecare in the morning.

2. Alphaspida macrumors member

3. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I do. When I have to apologise to clients who I cut off or mute or the embarrassing situation of putting private calls from my clients on speakerphone in public places or sitting for ages tapping through 100 or so alarms it is a little inconvenient to say the least.

It is a good phone, but I would like to know when I can start using it for business and not having it sidelined incase I have to receive a call on it or have to rely on it.

4. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Why in the world would a business adopt a new device the moment it is released? Did you have extra money in the budget to blow?

5. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I work for myself. That isn't really a good argument for launching/shipping a sub-par product though is it? "Don't buy it until we make it useable"

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Apples lack of openness about all of this makes me uneasy about buying one...

[​IMG]

7. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

IPhone is NOT a business device in this realm Blackberry is king.

8. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

I personally think that everyone that's having any of these types of problems should write a letter to SJ and then post it on macrumors 

9. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I was just curious as most companies are pretty strict with their spending these days. I wouldn't go as far as calling it sub-par. It seems only a few have issues (besides reception). Have you tried some of the recommended "fixes"?

10. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I had typed the email, so pasted it to save rewriting it. I haven't heard any news of the date reset in other threads.

Yes, they don't work. I upgraded because my old 3G which has been a faithful companion was starting to feel sluggish. As I said, it's a great phone the teething troubles are just irritating meaning I'm back on the 3G until they're sorted.

11. Beast10101 macrumors newbie

Actually he has a point to ask for an exact date. People only have a 30day window to return and want to know what exactly is the fix going to fix other than the bars. "Few weeks" isn't saying much. Maybe at the end of the month or something would be more adequate.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the fix was released right after the 30day return expires.

12. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I would be quite frustrated as well. Luckily, my only issue thus far has been reception. I truly hope things are sorted out for you.

13. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks mate. All the best.

14. phrint macrumors 6502

That's funny. I use my iPhone 4 everyday for business without a problem. I used my iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS for business as well. I was assigned a Curve for work with a previous employer and the only task it did well was e-mail. The build quality was awful and it was hardly dependable as a device. In fact, I ended up giving it back and used my iPhone instead.

The iPhone has certainly caught up in terms of security and control along with being a much better e-mail device. RIM is stagnant and they will be left behind by both Apple and Google.

15. old-school thread starter macrumors 6502

16. jordand321 macrumors member

JD914 is right. The iPhone may be catching up for business use but the BlackBerry is still top.

17. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

You are so wrong we have 15 iPhones in our office and 4 are ip4's
    would never use a blackberry arggh:mad:

18. phrint macrumors 6502

In terms of marketshare maybe but more and more organizations are beginning to support the iPhone. If RIM continues to muddle along and not keep up with the competition they will end up losing the war. Right now they are winning the battle but that is only because of their existing footprint in business. As Apple and Google continue to advance, RIM remains stagnant. Apple is making a huge push in the business market right now and it will only be a matter of time for RIM.

This article is from last year but is even more true today:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2009/tc2009054_744579.htm

19. jordand321 macrumors member

So what you saying is BlackBerry is still top for business use but the iPhone is catching up?