my iphone 4 wont restore my ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by omranxx, Oct 22, 2012.

1. omranxx macrumors newbie

hello..

when i was using my iphone IOS 6, i bought a ringtone from appstore, so its genuine ringtone, and i used it normally, later on i had to restore my iphone. when i did that i found out that my ringtone is missing.

i went and opened itunes and i found this
    [​IMG]

i dont know what to do, it wont sync at all. :(

please help mee :(

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Delete it and redownload it from the iTunes Store.

3. omranxx thread starter macrumors newbie

but its asking me to pay again :confused:

4. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Ah, apparently ringtones don't get the same re-download treatment. I'd just make my own ringtone out of the full song at this point. You right click on the song, go to Get Info, and in one if the tabs set the start and finish time (this range will become the ringtone. It can't be over 30 seconds.) then you make AAC version of the song and a new file will be added to the library with the same name but only of the range you specified. Drag that to Tones under your phone and it'll show up in the phone's sound settings. Then you can go back to the full song and undo the range settings.

5. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

dont delete and redownload!!

there is a thread on the ios 6 forum about this and i had the same issue two weeks ago.

just reboot your device and it should work. it seems its a bug with ios 6.

6. Cristofori macrumors newbie

ringtones not appearing on iphone

I have had the same problem. I have bought 2 offical ringtones from itunes, they worked brilliantly until I synced my phone, now they wont appear on the phone. They are still in the iTunes library under 'tones' - they also appear in the iPhone's info on iTunes - AND they appear to be checked and ready to sync...but don't. I have deactivated and reactivated the computer, I have rebooted the phone...I have dragged and dropped the tones...I have unchecked, synced,rechecked and synced and still no luck. In the end I tried to buy them again through my phone and had a message that I had already bought them! Can anyone help please??