My iPhone 4 won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidhawkins123, Aug 21, 2010.

1. davidhawkins123 macrumors regular

i am really panicking, a message pops up on screen saying your iphone is in recovery mode and you must restore, so i click restore and it says it's going to restore & update, however when restoring it stops when the status bar is right at the end on the computer, and just past halfway on the iphone. Is there anything i can do.

please help

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Are you trying to update to a software version other than the latest version (4.0.2)? Because I had this problem when I was trying to update from 4.0 to 4.0.1 with my SHSH blobs on file with Cydia, it kept getting stuck in the same place as yours is, in the end I just did a restore and update to the latest 4.0.2 and all was good.

3. davidhawkins123 thread starter macrumors regular

i was jailbroken on 4.0.1 and wanted to un-jailbreak to 4.0.2 and it just wont

4. actionvaughn macrumors member

actionvaughn

I had this same problem when I first tried to restore from my i4 from my 3G backup. (It was right on launch day too after a ridiculous amount of hours in line so I was understandably pissed) I went back to the b&m store and they ended up giving me a new phone cause according to the Genius, mine was fried..? At that point, they didn't have much of an explanation. The new one restored just fine.

:confused:

5. davidhawkins123 thread starter macrumors regular

if i cant get it working by tommorow i will pop down the apple store