My iPhone 4s battery dies earlier than it should

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DiabBarca, Oct 21, 2014.

1. DiabBarca macrumors regular

DiabBarca

My iPhone 4s battery dies at 14%

I'm using iPhone 4s and I've been facing this issue since iOS 7.x
    It sometimes shows a percentage of 1% and keeps working for a while in addition to many other weird behaviors, it has just died at 22%.
    I hard reseted, fully restored, completed 10s of full cycle charges but nothing has worked for me so far.
    Has anyone found a solution yet?

2. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

I think i know what your problem is.....OLD PHONE! Buy a new one. I bet that battery has like 500+ cycles on it and all the cells are bad.

3. DiabBarca thread starter macrumors regular

DiabBarca

Well, may be, but probably not. I had an iPhone 4 and it almost never left my hands for 2 years. And this 4s is just 1 and a half year old. How can I check my charge cycles any way? is there an app for such a thing?

4. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

with iOS 8.1 there battery demand is much greater than ever before and it could be that your phone is simply not handling that demand because... well, it is old. :( also, some people are reporting (including myself) that iOS 8.1 has a nasty batter draining bug so it could be that if you're one of the affected ones.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Not an old phone. A bad battery. Yes, the solution is a Genius appointment to see if the battery is bad and replace it if it is.