My iPhone 4s battery dies earlier than it should

DiabBarca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
Omdurman - Sudan
My iPhone 4s battery dies at 14%

I'm using iPhone 4s and I've been facing this issue since iOS 7.x
It sometimes shows a percentage of 1% and keeps working for a while in addition to many other weird behaviors, it has just died at 22%.
I hard reseted, fully restored, completed 10s of full cycle charges but nothing has worked for me so far.
Has anyone found a solution yet?

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
I think i know what your problem is.....OLD PHONE! Buy a new one. I bet that battery has like 500+ cycles on it and all the cells are bad.

DiabBarca

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
Omdurman - Sudan
I think i know what your problem is.....OLD PHONE! Buy a new one. I bet that battery has like 500+ cycles on it and all the cells are bad.
Well, may be, but probably not. I had an iPhone 4 and it almost never left my hands for 2 years. And this 4s is just 1 and a half year old. How can I check my charge cycles any way? is there an app for such a thing?

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
with iOS 8.1 there battery demand is much greater than ever before and it could be that your phone is simply not handling that demand because... well, it is old. :( also, some people are reporting (including myself) that iOS 8.1 has a nasty batter draining bug so it could be that if you're one of the affected ones.