My iPhone 4S Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d4rklamp, Nov 29, 2011.

1. d4rklamp macrumors regular

Hi, I was wondering whether my battery is good or not. I've read lots of comments about the battery problems with the iPhone 4S but what they dont say is what is the acceptable battery to be expected? So I attached my battery usage info. Please tell me what you think of my battery life.

Note that during my usage, I've used apps like

- iMaschine (About 20-30 mins)
    - Music (About 45 mins)
    - App Store (Downloaded 3-4 apps)
    - Twitter (A lot)
    - Facebook
    - Facebook Messenger (A lot)
    - Email
    - Safari (About 20-30 mins)
    - Camera
    - Angry Birds (10 mins)

Attached Files:

2. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

3. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I'd say this was moderately high usage. Your battery did well.

4. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

did your iphone turn on this

wifi on
    bluetooth on
    brightness 70 %

if yet , so battery great if not then battery about 3/4 hour ....

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Yours seems to be in the range with the rest of us experiencing bad battery life.

So far Apple can't figure it out. If they do, an update will be released. If not the solution will be the same as last year.

Wait till the new model comes out and buy it. Either way Apple wins, the fanbois brag about Apples profits, and the pro Apple headlines continue.

See how easy that is :)

7. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

this right , apple only fix issue when something new coming ,
    i bet next iphone most discuss is battery improve,

8. Fynd macrumors 6502

That's VERY good battery life, IMHO. That's in line with what I used to get on my 4 before going to a 4S. I get... well, nowhere near that to be honest :(

9. d4rklamp thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys for your opinions. I guess I can consider my battery to be average then. I don't have to worry about the so called batterygate. Cheers.

10. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

Speak for yourself... That's great battery life and not even close to what the people experiencing below average battery life are getting. I am lucky to get anywhere close to 5 hours of usage, let alone almost touch 7. That being said he used the phone pretty heavily and with programs that are constantly sending out and bringing stuff back in... Facebook Messenger, in particular. OP you're battery is above average and obviously if you use your phone less it will last longer, but be happy with what you can get out of it. From someone who's battery lasted 14 hrs with 3 hrs usage, I'm truly jealous.

11. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

Mine lasts a little over 12 hours, everything off that suck power. I'm probably going to return it, 12 hours is just not enough.

12. d4rklamp thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I can be happy now thanks. I was a bit worried cause when I use it from 100%, I can see the % drop. But I dont know the normal rate people would consider it normal. But on standby, I probably lose 1-2% in about 40 mins.

Btw, my other settings was:-

Location Services ON - Compass Callibration, Mobile Network Search and Traffic.
    Brightness - 70%
    iCloud backup ON - Mail, Contacts, Bookmarks, Notes, Documents & Data
    Mail - iCloud, Gmail / Fetch New Data: Hourly