My iPhone 4S headphones broke down!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhone4Sman, Jan 31, 2012.

1. iPhone4Sman macrumors newbie

Hi all, Guys. I have a bit of a problem. My headphones are not working to well, and i'd want to ask you tips on how to get it working again. The left headphone does NOT work. the right one does. I checked the audio jack, i checked the headphone - ALOT! But nothing.
    Could anyone help me? Please. I would like it alot. But, in the last sentece, I would not like to spend another 200$ on another :apple: product. I also personalized mine :D I love my iPhone 4S...

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Buy a different pair of headphones. Don't waste your time trying to fix those piece of crap.

3. Doublemint macrumors member

If you have an apple headphones you can stop by an apple retail store.
    Pretty sure they will replace that for you.

4. r2fa3l macrumors regular

^ This.
    It (literally) physically hurts me when I see people listening to music on them. ;)

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Go to the nearest Apple Store and they'll replace it for you...

6. RonJones macrumors newbie

Are you sure??? replace for FREE???

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^Typically yes. I think they're just impressed to see someone actually using them. :D

8. MsBeauty macrumors member

Free??? even though its crap..but I think Apple is selling them for $29!!!

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB770G/B

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, Apple took a set of my iPhone in-ear b/c the one side was inoperative....:cool:

10. MsBeauty macrumors member

I should take mine (at least 4) to apple store tomorrow ... see if they are willing to exchange for FREE..... ;)

11. maliu macrumors 6502a

If your phone is still under warranty which it still is, they will replace the accessories that came with the phone. Headphones, charger, cable.

12. 911turbo macrumors newbie

The original headphones cannot last for more than 2 months...

13. normanbates macrumors regular

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

This is the second 4S I've had because of this problem.

I've now gone through 4, yes 4 sets of Apple original headphones.

The first pair were the ones I got with my iPhone 4, at first I thought that maybe with the upgrade inside the 4S that maybe there was a more powerful amplifier and that the original 4 headphones couldn't cope and that the 4S headphones had also received an upgrade but then my 4S headphones did exactly the same so I got them replaced and they did it. I contacted my network who agreed to replace the phone as it seemed a problem with the phone not the headphones. Whilst I was waiting for the replacement phone to come into stock I went through 3 pairs of third party headphones, all presenting the same problem.

Now my headphones have doe the same thing with the new 4S.

They were working perfectly last night but when I plugged them in this afternoon they instantly broke. The left one does come in every now and then but it very crackly when any bass plays.

I get the impression that a sudden power surge is to blame when first plugged into the jack