My iPhone 4S headphones broke down!

iPhone4Sman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Hi all, Guys. I have a bit of a problem. My headphones are not working to well, and i'd want to ask you tips on how to get it working again. The left headphone does NOT work. the right one does. I checked the audio jack, i checked the headphone - ALOT! But nothing.
Could anyone help me? Please. I would like it alot. But, in the last sentece, I would not like to spend another 200$ on another :apple: product. I also personalized mine :D I love my iPhone 4S...

Doublemint

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
If you have an apple headphones you can stop by an apple retail store.
Pretty sure they will replace that for you.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^Typically yes. I think they're just impressed to see someone actually using them. :D

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
If your phone is still under warranty which it still is, they will replace the accessories that came with the phone. Headphones, charger, cable.

normanbates

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2011
Hi,

I am having the same problem.

This is the second 4S I've had because of this problem.

I've now gone through 4, yes 4 sets of Apple original headphones.

The first pair were the ones I got with my iPhone 4, at first I thought that maybe with the upgrade inside the 4S that maybe there was a more powerful amplifier and that the original 4 headphones couldn't cope and that the 4S headphones had also received an upgrade but then my 4S headphones did exactly the same so I got them replaced and they did it. I contacted my network who agreed to replace the phone as it seemed a problem with the phone not the headphones. Whilst I was waiting for the replacement phone to come into stock I went through 3 pairs of third party headphones, all presenting the same problem.

Now my headphones have doe the same thing with the new 4S.

They were working perfectly last night but when I plugged them in this afternoon they instantly broke. The left one does come in every now and then but it very crackly when any bass plays.

I get the impression that a sudden power surge is to blame when first plugged into the jack