my iPhone 4S is unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Am3r1ca16, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

I bought this service on eBay that factory unlocks your iPhone. It has worked before since i've unlocked like 7 other iPhones. So yesterday i bought the service for my White iPhone 4S. I got the E-Mail from the seller saying it was unlocked. So i went to connect my iPhone to iTunes and restored it turned out that iTunes said i needed a valid sim to activate the iPhone after the restore was done. So i restored again thinking maybe this time i'll get the "Congratulations your iPhone is unlocked" on iTunes and nothing. I checked on Iphoneox.com to see if my iPhone is unlocked and in sim status it says it says it is unlocked. i've also checked in

http://www.s-url.ro
    http://www.swiftunlocks.net/iphone_widget/iphone.php
    iphoneox.com

and when i put my iPhone IMEI it says it's unlocked!

I've restored like 20 times and it still asks for a valid sim. Luckily i have a AT&T so I'm not stuck in the activation page but i doesn't seem to recognize my T-Mobile sim.

I'm running the latest iTunes which is iTunes 11.

Anybody know what to do?

help!

2. coolnitman macrumors member

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know.
    If it was locked to Sprint it wouldnt activate with an AT&T sim either.

4. Am3r1ca16 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Who said it was a sprint iPhone? It was a ATT iPhone but it doesn't matter anymore i sold it

----------

it was a ATT never said it was a sprint

5. kabbalah girl macrumors newbie

GPP Question

I'm with Verizon and lost my 4s 6.1. I now found it but I already have the new one from insurance. I want to sell it to a friend and after researching it looks like only a GPP will work as his carrier is Simple Mobile. Does GPP work with any sim/carrier and is there any issues he'll have since the phone was reported lost to Verizon?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not 100% but I think all major US carrier share the same blacklisted database.
    So if its reported lost/stolen on verizon it wont work on simple mobile either. But you wont be 100% till you buy a Gevey and test it out.

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

if it is an At&t iPhone it can be unlocked to work on another GSM service like T-Mobile without any issues. but At&t will never take it back. if it was on the Verizon iPhone I can clean the ESN but only if it has been reported lost/stolen. if it a past due bill or locked in a contract you would have to satisfy that with Verizon