Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Does it mean I am really good with batteries if after two years is at 1280? :D

Anyways, I would like to try it but I would loose some important data (messages, apps data and stuff) and I can't really do it! Would iOS 8 help with the app monitoring feature? I could wait!

If you back up to iCloud first, you won't lose anything *providing you have sufficient storage space. However, it is recommended that you start afresh if experiencing problems with battery life.
As for iOS8, I have no idea.
I did all sorts of tinkering and my battery is still nothing like it used to be with iOS6, so you could be wasting your time.

Yes, your battery is in great health after two years. How many load cycles? Mine has 536, I'm a heavy user!

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
If you back up to iCloud first, you won't lose anything *providing you have sufficient storage space. However, it is recommended that you start afresh if experiencing problems with battery life.
As for iOS8, I have no idea.
I did all sorts of tinkering and my battery is still nothing like it used to be with iOS6, so you could be wasting your time.

Yes, your battery is in great health after two years. How many load cycles? Mine has 536, I'm a heavy user!

It says 688!

Right Now I used my phone for 50 minutes and it went from 89% to 75% (WhatsApp, iMessage and Safari). Is it good?

PS: isn't an iCloud backup equal to a Mac backup with iTunes? Or are you talking about iCloud sync (contacts, calendar ecc). Because I can sync those things but, without taking a backup setting the phone as new, I'd loose the app data and messages, for example, which cannot be synced in iCloud (only a few apps permit it, such as WhatsApp)

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It says 688!

Right Now I used my phone for 50 minutes and it went from 89% to 75% (WhatsApp, iMessage and Safari). Is it good?

PS: isn't an iCloud backup equal to a Mac backup with iTunes? Or are you talking about iCloud sync (contacts, calendar ecc). Because I can sync those things but, without taking a backup setting the phone as new, I'd loose the app data and messages, for example, which cannot be synced in iCloud (only a few apps permit it, such as WhatsApp)

I can synch practically everything to iCloud, and then set up as a new phone through iTunes. Once done, you can then enable your iCloud backup to make your phone exactly as it was before you restored. You could reset network settings and then switch off parallax, location services for non-essential apps, and background app refresh etc if you haven't already.
89% to 75% is reasonable, especially if using Whatsapp etc: It sounds like your battery is fine. If your i5 is anything like mine, you won't get the battery life you did with iOS6.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
I can synch practically everything to iCloud, and then set up as a new phone through iTunes. Once done, you can then enable your iCloud backup to make your phone exactly as it was before you restored. You could reset network settings and then switch off parallax, location services for non-essential apps, and background app refresh etc if you haven't already.
89% to 75% is reasonable, especially if using Whatsapp etc: It sounds like your battery is fine. If your i5 is anything like mine, you won't get the battery life you did with iOS6.

iCloud has a 5GB storage, my phone is a 32GB model, so it's not sufficient. I use iCloud for synching contacts, calendars, notes, documents ecc but not for backup. For the backup I use my
Mac, with iTunes. Isn't it the same thing??

They told me that if I want to fix any problem with battery, I gotta setup the phone as new and DON'T take the backup, but manually install apps, syncing contacts and stuff. But doing so, I would loose some data, likes messages, some apps data ecc

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
iCloud has a 5GB storage, my phone is a 32GB model, so it's not sufficient. I use iCloud for synching contacts, calendars, notes, documents ecc but not for backup. For the backup I use my
Mac, with iTunes. Isn't it the same thing??

They told me that if I want to fix any problem with battery, I gotta setup the phone as new and DON'T take the backup, but manually install apps, syncing contacts and stuff. But doing so, I would loose some data, likes messages, some apps data ecc

You won't lose messages or app data, and the apps themselves don't count towards the 5GB. The apps are downloaded separately. Photos and videos eat into the 5GB but you can transfer them elsewhere before you restore.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
You won't lose messages or app data, and the apps themselves don't count towards the 5GB. The apps are downloaded separately. Photos and videos eat into the 5GB but you can transfer them elsewhere before you restore.
Sure, I would not loose them because I would take the backup, it's like taking it from iTunes. But it would make the operation useless

bova80

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
If you go to apple support page it can send your phone a diagnostic link and then it will tell you what's wrong. When I ran it mine had power issue hence my battery life sucking and needing replaced.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
If you go to apple support page it can send your phone a diagnostic link and then it will tell you what's wrong. When I ran it mine had power issue hence my battery life sucking and needing replaced.
Hi! I don't find the link. Could you help me?

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
Look at this !!! It's not a phone, it's a useless rock XD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x2dnudytoiazmz/Foto%2014-08-14%2018%2046%2041.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.