My iPhone 5 got wet and now it wont play any audio

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by samantha012, Dec 29, 2013.

1. samantha012 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone :) , today i Iphone 5 unfortunately got wet in the rain, and now all audio is gone besides :
    Alarm
    When you go to ringtones and play them
    Ringing
    loudspeaker on voice call

everything else is quiet and mute, no songs, no audio on facetime, no typing noise, nothing.

It also says when I switch the button at the side where you regulate the silent and loud setting that apparently there is headphones plugged in , but there isn't.

Also all the sounds that not working now are working when i do have the headphones in.

I dunno what to do :( nearest apple store is about 3 hrs drive away.

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Got wet ? I would not have turned it on, but put it into a bowl of rice for a day and than try it. However, now you will have issues, possibly permanently over time. Did you get AppleCare + when you bought it. If not, than...... > You can buy out of warranty for $269.00 from Apple. It will be a refurbished iPhone 5, not new but it will have a brand new battery and case.

Attached Files:

3. samantha012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it got a little wet in the rain like for a 1 minute, it was turned on so i left it turned till i got home, everything is working fine expect the audio, i don't think the battery is wet i think the hole where you plug in the headphones got wet because it keeps saying that they are plugged in even thou they are not

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Put it into a bowl of rice for a day and see what happens. If it works, great. If it gets worse, than your only option is to either live with it or get an out of warranty replacement. Next iPhone you get, consider the AppleCare + insurance that will cover drops/spills for $99.00 bucks and I believe a $79.00 replacement fee.