My iPhone 5 has Pink-i :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Retired Cat, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Most of the area of my iPhone 5 display now has a very faint pink tint. There is a thin white border all around. I did a search and it seems like this is a widespread problem even with replacement devices :-(

So far the usability of the device is unaffected. My question is: how much more pink does the screen get over time? I can live with this, as long as the screen doesn't become like the T-Mobile logo and pink everything out.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I had the same issue with my iPhone. Went to the Apple store and they replaced my display ($149), luckily I still had my warranty intact.

4. Retired Cat thread starter macrumors 65816

How long ago did you have your display replaced? Did the pink tint ever return?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

A quick email check, I had it repaired back in September. I really haven't noticed if it came back or not.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Wait, why did it cost you $149 if you were under warranty?

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It didn't cost me anything. I was just saying it would of cost that, if I didn't have the warranty.

8. Retired Cat thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok thanks!

From the other threads it seemed like the tint would show up almost exactly 1 year after purchase, so I kind of wonder if there's a very slow chemical reaction that affects the adhesive formula.

Anyone with a 5S have this issue?