My iphone 5 is starting to have trouble charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jrm27, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jrm27 macrumors 6502

Hello all,

My year old iphone 5 is becoming a serious pain to charge. It seems like the cable connection is really not being made well inside the phone. After inserting the charging cable, i've got to jiggle it around ever so slightly in order for the charge to start, and often it stops immeditely. So once I find that sweet spot, the key is to leave it in that one position and walk slowly away from the phone, hoping that no one breathes on it ;) It's not the cable as it I've tried it with 5 different ones. It seems to be the phone itself. Any ideas?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If you are still covered by the Applecare or Applecare+ take it to the genius bar. If you aren't covered then you'll have to pay a fee. I really wouldn't try to fix it yourself.

3. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

This is the problem I've been having too...

Take it to the genius bar immediately.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

5. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Been having this issue as well. Cleaned out my lightening connector port and it seemed to have solved it.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

look in your charging port. see how much dust and lint is in there? try cleaning it out first before you goto apple.