My iPhone 5 Was Supposed to Be Delivered Yesterday, Now Being Held in a UPS Warehouse

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Oct 4, 2012.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Don't really have time to post here this morning, but I'll make this sweetly short and do this quickly... My iPhone 5 was scheduled for delivery to my Jersey home for yesterday morning but it has been stuck in Kentucky since October 2, still showing as in Kentucky on tracking when it said that the scheduled delivery was on-time. Now, UPS has its status on "Held in Warehouse," with no delivery date despite how Apple said "Delivery by October 4" in their email and UPS said it would be delivered yesterday by 10:30am. Was really counting on getting it today or tomorrow so I need a quick way to get UPS to get back on track, it seems like they had briefly lost my iPhone if not totally. I will be giving Apple a call in a few hours when I can.

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Don't call Apple man... they can't help you. Call UPS and ask what's up.

3. Ranrow macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem. I wonder of this is another instance of apple requesting that ups not deliver before a certain date? I have seen other people get that response from ups last week.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't understand, you don't have time to post, but just threw out a paragraph basically saying you're going to call Apple? Good luck with that.

5. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

The reason they were getting that response in the past is that the phone hadn't officially released yet and Apple didn't want their phones delivered early. Now UPS will bring it as soon as they can.

6. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I threw that in in case anyone asks for a picture, and since my thread posts are usually longer. Anyway, I'll have a picture up later but was hoping somebody else would have an answer since this is odd and I don't expect Apple or UPS support lines to have specifics. Usually, it's the shipper that places a warehouse hold but that's doubtful.

7. MICHAELSD, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Well, after a 40-minute phone call with an Apple rep, they have opened a shipping inquiry and will be sending me a new iPhone sometime this weekend in the case that this does not get delivered. As of now, my current delivery has had its October 3 delivery date, which was labelled as on-time up until late last night, does not even have a date scheduled so I will most likely be moving ahead with Apple's prioritized shipping of a new phone. Bummed I didn't get it today, especially since I won't be home for part of next week.

Apple has a deal worked out with UPS where shipments sent from its Chinese factories are treated as if they were domestic, but for some reason mine was sent incorrectly and is being held up at customs. So, for anyone else with the problem: it may be better to contact Apple rather than wait it out.

8. Ranrow macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update. I guess I will suck it up and call apple. I do hate being on hold for extended periods.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The UPS punks are ogling over ur new phone :D I feel ur pain.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I wonder if it's a dummy track to stall while someone tests your phone.

11. Ranrow macrumors newbie

Okay, I called yesterday and had the same result. They're shipping me a new iPhone as they don't know when/if my current package will arrive. It is still being held in Kentucky as of writing this, so I would advise anyone else in the position to go ahead and call.