My iPhone 5c calls people on its own.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Septembersrain, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I was on the forums with my 5s when suddenly my 5c lights up. I look over and realized that the call screen was on! It was calling my guy on its own.

Yesterday my guy told me that I called his mother and she called back and heard me talking. I was at work with my phone (Screen off) sitting in the drawer...

I'm not jailbroken. It's 7.1. Hopefully a restore and wipe with set up as new will help... If not, I'm stumped.

2. yinz macrumors 6502a

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yup that's it.

4. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

5. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

Might just be a software bug? I did a full reset and set up as new. We'll see if my issue is remedied...

6. cynics macrumors G4

Do you use Bluetooth headset or in your car? Could it possibly be connected to either and being activated? The people it has randomly called, were they people that you intentionally have call prior?

Also and a long shot has it only happened when using another iOS device? You mentioned you were using your 5S once when you noticed it. What were you doing on the 5S?

7. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

I was on the forums here actually. I don't have any Bluetooth device paired to my 5c, only my 5s.

Yes, they were numbers that I had called previously. Someone said it may be an app compatibility issue?

I do download apps and they show up on both of my phones, perhaps because one is JB, it caused issues?

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Mine will randomly dial a friend too. My friend's 4 will randomly call me while he is on lunch. I know exactly what he ordered and where he went. I would play psychic with him and now I'm his muse.

9. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

I've read a few others have this problem. I've also read they are using their Apple ID on another device (iPod, iPad, another iPhone, etc). Perhaps that's the issue?

10. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

First, make sure your kid isn't doing that...

11. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

I don't have children. It's happening at work while completely locked and screen is off. No is accessing my device but me.