My iPhone 5S died. What now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 007 Junior, Aug 26, 2015.

?

What should I do?

1. Get the iPhone 6S.

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Buy the iPhone 6 after the price drop.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Wait for the iPhone 7.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. 007 Junior macrumors regular

007 Junior

After almost 2 years of careful use, my iPhone 5S made a fatal free fall and died. It was not only bent, but also most parts were broken (battery, lcd, WiFi, front camera, lightning port, speaker). The front glass didn't have a single crack though, lol.

Anyhow, I lost it and had to buy a second handed iPhone for the time being. I bought the original iPhone 5 with 16GB with the original box for €200. Works pretty well, but I still want to upgrade to a new iPhone.
    My original plan was to move from the iPhone 5S to the 6S and so on. But now I got the 5, I'm debating whether I go for a discounted iPhone 6 next month or still for the 6S or wait another year and go for the 7.

I miss Touch ID, as I am unlocking my phone very often throughout the day. The camera on the 5 isn't that bad, but I attach great importance to good photo quality.

So what should I do? I've created a poll for you guys to give your opinion :)

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Just buy a "beater" for now and get the 6S. The 7 is over a year away and if you want to wait that long, find another 5S

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

You mentioned that you purchased an iPhone 5. That should hold you over until you can get your hands on a 6s. That's what I would do. I would pass on the 6 since it's not much of a upgrade from the 5s, unless you don't need the latest iPhone.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Go for the 6s. If you can wait a year for the 7, then get a 6 at a discounted price. Pretty decent phone that will easily carry you for the year.

5. McScooby macrumors 6502

exchange the knackered 5s for an out of warranty replacement & sell it at the very least to get the cash back that you dropped on the 5, then get the 6s.

6. 007 Junior thread starter macrumors regular

007 Junior

As I made up my mind, I want a phone that I can use for at least 2 years before upgrading.
    But keeping the 5 till the release of the 7 seems way too long for a heavy user like me. So I guess I'll just stay in the 'S upgrade cycle' and get the iPhone 6S as soon as it comes out.

7. 007 Junior thread starter macrumors regular

007 Junior

Forgot to mention that I already sold my 5S for €120. Seemed like a very decent price to me.

8. pokerplayer73 macrumors 6502

pokerplayer73

Don't know if 6 will be available other than left over stock from retail outlets like BestBuy. Same situation as when 5S was announced, 5 was discontinued and 5C came in.
    We might have the same scenario. My recommendation, stay with S cycle.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You said you were already thinking of getting the 6S so stick with that plan and use the 5 you got until then.